Husqvarna

phcaan

Threads
I can only go by mechanics point and not a sales point due to the problems i see most days.
I find the cubs, mtd, yardman and lawnflite product very well built and reliable product.

The toro product over here is built in europe so different models to over in usa and very responsive and reliable.
AYP tractors usually came with a hydrogear box which was a sealed unit and would give drive problems.

The tuff torq is a good box but has the same problem if oil is not changed as in lack of drive uphills after a few years.

Also over here the price of AYP is expensive conpared to other product so you get better value from other product.

I am also retired ( maintenance mechanic industrial machinery, among other things) and I have been quite impressed with the construction of my GTH27V52LS mower. It has the Briggs Endurance engine and the trans-axle is Hydro Gear. Everything on this mower seems to be serviceable including the trans-axle. There are grease zirks on the mandrels, front wheels, and steering bushings.The trans-axle has a spin-on filter and check plug for oil level. Steering is tight and light. I can't find any real problems with this unit,and it is a blast to drive.