Husky Riding mower

leegru

Forum Newbie
Threads
The spindle is surely shot. Loose nuts, I complained to Amazon, a $32 refund and I have an unusable mower. Will have to cut off that blade bolt, not fun, hack saw? Argh. Ultimately, another spindle must be put in i suppose. If I can get the ruined spindle off.. Discouraged.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Complain to Amazon Har har har har
It is specifically designed for crooks & thieves to sell shoody & counterfeit goods .
And use the mower with a bent blade is going to cause you grief and make a horrible cut .

leegru

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Husky Rider YTH18542 I have with the stripped spindle and bent blade.
I am trying to take off the big nut that holds the pulley onto the spindle. (the striped spindle wont let me get the blade bolt out) With the blade tightened back on, blocked from turning, the nut wont budge with a pipe wrench. Ive put penetrating oil, WD40 on it. It wont budge.

should the Nut come off counterclockwise? Pulling the pulley nut toward the rear of the mower?
Help please, thank you!
Complain to Amazon Har har har har
It is specifically designed for crooks & thieves to sell shoody & counterfeit goods .
And use the mower with a bent blade is going to cause you grief and make a horrible cut ., that is toward the rear of the mower with the bglade block
Yeah I should have bought another spindle from the Small Small Motor Parts store. I can not get the big nut that holds the pulley on to come off. Sprayed with penetrating and WD40. I am torqueing it with a pipe wrench, I believe counter clockwise toward the rear of the mower, is that right?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
This why we should be reusing those metal thread distorting lock nuts they damage the thread and then they are damage getting them off. So when they are reused they damage all threads making it necessary to use an impact to get them off. Of the spindle shaft is destroyed in the process. I try to use the nylon lock version on my new spindle installs.