How's Your Weather?

grnspot110

Threads
We've had 7-2/3" of rain this week, more on the way now! :frown:

One State hwy river bridge is out of commission just north of town. Debris against the center piling collapsed the piling yesterday. Big inconvenience for a lot of people! State will have to inspect it when the water goes down to see if it can be fixed. A lot of farm crops in that area that will have to be hauled many more miles to the elevator, & the roads there are crooked & hilly!

Here are picks of our back yard & neighbor's pond yesterday morning, the row of trees on the far (south) side of the pond should be 20' from shore;

Attachments

• Rain 9-22-2010 001 - Copy.JPG
    Rain 9-22-2010 001 - Copy.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Rain 9-22-2010 003.JPG
    Rain 9-22-2010 003.JPG
    247.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Rain 9-22-2010 004 - Copy.JPG
    Rain 9-22-2010 004 - Copy.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 3

adan

Threads
It's rainy season in my part of the globe, but rain isn't coming as much as it used to (global warming?)

Oh, it looks like the rain caused a lot of damage in Missouri. The way you described things remind me of typhoons that ravage the northern parts of my country and the eastern tip of my island. In my place it isn't the rain as much as the winds. Falling trees sometimes make the national highway impassable.

briggs

Threads
wet for the next 3 days so they say :thumbdown:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Rain and more rain right now...
I mowed a bout an acre this afternoon in the drizzle ... dry in the cab:thumbsup:
but it was shoeing that it would continue so I quit well before the ground got soft...
We actually need this rain, has been dry, the last several big storms skirted around this area...
:smile:KennyV

Last wk we had state record breaking hail... in size... 7 1/2 inch diameter...
The hail was not just damaging roof shingles, it was going completely throufh the roofs, and decks.
So this liquid water is not so bad...:smile:KennyV

Attachments

• HailStone7andHalfInch.jpg
    HailStone7andHalfInch.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 4

briggs

Threads
Rain and more rain right now...
I mowed a bout an acre this afternoon in the drizzle ... dry in the cab:thumbsup:
but it was shoeing that it would continue so I quit well before the ground got soft...
We actually need this rain, has been dry, the last several big storms skirted around this area...
:smile:KennyV

Last wk we had state record breaking hail... in size... 7 1/2 inch diameter...
The hail was not just damaging roof shingles, it was going completely throufh the roofs, and decks.
So this liquid water is not so bad...:smile:KennyV

wow wouldn't want to get hit by one of them :eek:

Mr.McGinty

Threads
That hail sounds scary! I definitely wouldn't want to be out in that! It's rainy and threatening storms here. Both me and the goat are scared of thunder and lightening so it's not going to be much fun.:eek:

grnspot110

Threads
We lucked out this time on the hail! :smile: Had that a few yews ago, wiped out ever roof & all West windows on the other side of town! Our side got smaller hail, up to quarter sized.

Our house roof was 20 years old, my shop a couple of years older, shed a couple years newer. So it was getting time for replacement anyway! We had no leaks, took a year to get the roofing company I knew & trusted to get to ours. With a little extra work being done, it cost less than $200 over the insurance check. :smile: ~~ grnspot110

pollyannasmum

Threads
Wow there's some pretty ferocious weather going on all over so it seems. We have 10 days of rain forecast so I'm glad we got all of the grass front and back cut.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
We'll take your rain ---- 14"+ behind for the year here in central VA --- 1 Acre pond is down 1 1/2' to 2'

I'd like a nice steady rain (no downpours) for about a week. :thumbsup: I'll worry about the mowing after it is over. :biggrin:

Don't want any hail (especially the softball size) ! :thumbdown:

grnspot110

Threads
We're up to 9" this week now, possibly some more tomorrow! :frown: Around 11" over normal for the year. ~~ grnspot110