HOW OFTEN DO YOU CUT YOUR GRASS?

How often do you mow your lawn? And what region do you live in?

• Total voters

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Last summer(2013) was a very wet one here in middle TN. Since I was still a working stiff I pretty well was restricted to mowing on weekends. So, once a week was the regiment last summer. This year, I am retired(as of 10/31/14) and now I can mow any day of the week:0)
So far, the grass hasn't really taken off yet but mowed yesterday for the third week in a row this year. So, I've chosen initially to follow the same schedule at the beginning of this season. As the season progresses I will probably start a schedule of cutting every 4 to 5 days. I tend to agree that a yard well maintained should never look like it needs cutting. Now that I have more flexibility it won't be a big deal to only mow on the weekend!!!!

Edit:Just noticed my vote was a tie-breaker for Every Week Or So versus Every 5-6 Days category!!!! Come on Every 5-6 Days guys.....step up:0)

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last summer(2013) was a very wet one here in middle TN. Since I was still a working stiff I pretty well was restricted to mowing on weekends. So, once a week was the regiment last summer. This year, I am retired(as of 10/31/14) and now I can mow any day of the week:0) So far, the grass hasn't really taken off yet but mowed yesterday for the third week in a row this year. So, I've chosen initially to follow the same schedule at the beginning of this season. As the season progresses I will probably start a schedule of cutting every 4 to 5 days. I tend to agree that a yard well maintained should never look like it needs cutting. Now that I have more flexibility it won't be a big deal to only mow on the weekend!!!! Edit:Just noticed my vote was a tie-breaker for Every Week Or So versus Every 5-6 Days category!!!! Come on Every 5-6 Days guys.....step up:0)

Not to change the subject.
You getting any of the storm yet?
We are getting ready.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not to change the subject.
You getting any of the storm yet?
We are getting ready.

So far it's running south of us although a tornado hit Limestone County in AL(my grandson lives in Athens) and killed 3 people. I called him and all is well.

pete326

Threads
Never. I bring in a herd of cows once a month. :laughing:

X-man

Threads
Never. I bring in a herd of cows once a month. :laughing:

Eh, my lawn is a prairie. I just have to burn it every 5 years. :laughing:

Gary L.

Threads
Approximately once a week...depending on weather and growth of grass.

gfp55

Threads
Once a week if it needs it or not.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I live in central New Hampshire and I mow the lawn once a week.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Try to stick to a seven day schedule for all my clients.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
South west corner of Missouri = Midwest