How much oil

retired92

Forum Newbie
Threads
Toro Tinecutter 75755 (Toro Engine) ordering oil and filter kit for the mover its always 2 qts and filter. But manual calls for 81oz (2qts 64 oz thats 17 oz shy). When adding only 2 qts its 1/3 low on the dipstick fill mark. Is this normal only using 2 qts of oil. My first oil change I drained the oil yesterday filled up a 1/2-gallon milk container thats 64oz. Dealers are only adding 2 qts. People drive the mover only adding just 2 qts.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
In the shop where I work it is filled to the full mark on the dip stick. Would never do it any other way.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As just stated, fill to the mark on the diploma. If it has a filter, run engine for 30 seconds and top off. This is one time i disregard what the specs say and use common sense.

GrumpyCat

Threads
The amount to fill depends on the amount drained. You never get it all out.

Fill to full on the dipstick. Use the manufacturer’s spec as a first approximation as to how much you need. Never need more than that.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just bear in mind that the oil level is just short of the sump gasket on just about all mower engines so verify the dip stick
I have found engines with both ones that were too long and ones that were too short .

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Toro Tinecutter 75755 (Toro Engine) ordering oil and filter kit for the mover its always 2 qts and filter. But manual calls for 81oz (2qts 64 oz thats 17 oz shy). When adding only 2 qts its 1/3 low on the dipstick fill mark. Is this normal only using 2 qts of oil. My first oil change I drained the oil yesterday filled up a 1/2-gallon milk container thats 64oz. Dealers are only adding 2 qts. People drive the mover only adding just 2 qts.
2 liters or 2.11 quarts. In other words, 2 quarts plus 3.5 ounces. Then, check your dipstick.