how many of you repair small engines as a hobby? $$

twinfords

Threads
and more chainsaws

shelves.jpgworked on some bic cc chainsaws last weekend and put up a few new shelves in the garage. also mower season is just around the corner for a few of my landscape customers. always good to send out a tune up reminder so they are not caught off guard on their first week back on the lawns. I have a customer dropping off 4 mowers this week.IMG-20130223-00203.jpg

twinfords

Threads
  • / how many of you repair small engines as a hobby? $$
hello all, well did not get a drop of snow from the big storm!!! i did however fix two mowers and a trimmer for customers.

Threads
I do, and have for years but this past year was the first time I had to split one open to work on the internal parts. I have to say it wasnt as complicated as I thought it would be.

Threads
hello all, well did not get a drop of snow from the big storm!!!

Yeah I know! We were supposed to get 6-9 inches but we got RAIN! And all of the schools in the area were closed!! :eek:

LawnBoy97

Threads
We had no school either. We only got like 2 or 3 inches, but it was really wet and heavy. Only shoveled five driveways, too.

twinfords

Threads
yea the media hype makes everyone panic. crazy!!

poulansandcast 007.jpgpoulansandcast 003.jpgi fixed a snow blower and a tiller today, been working on a Partner R12 chainsaw but need to rebuild the carb and get a fuel tank nipple. Also got this gem and she is a runner. i did tear it down and clean it and put it back together. poulansandcast 001.jpg

DaveTN

Threads
I do, and have for years but this past year was the first time I had to split one open to work on the internal parts. I have to say it wasnt as complicated as I thought it would be.

That looks like Rock City down in Chattanooga. Where are you from in TN? I'm from the Knox area and used to work at Sears as a small engine mechanic, before that at Suzuki cycles. I've tinkered around for years with small engines and finally getting tired of it. Going to fix up what I've got, sell them and stop taking in more. Got about 20 weedeaters in various states of disrepair, mostly a bone yard for parts. Been doing some serious thinking about getting out of the small engine repairs as it would free up a lot of time to do other things. Good Luck in your work. David

twinfords

Threads
back at it again, mowers and saws

hey guys, folks getting the spring itch, work on a Cub Cadet 33" walk behind with the crappy Briggs carburetor with the wierd float and o ring gasket, these are known to be faulty and the float sticks, filling the crankcase up with fuel, install a shut off valve for sure, also scored on some more saws.
This user does not have permission to use the HTML BB code.

Attachments

• IMG-20130316-00233.jpg
    IMG-20130316-00233.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 14

twinfords

Threads
Re: back at it again, mowers and saws

hey guys, folks getting the spring itch, work on a Cub Cadet 33" walk behind with the crappy Briggs carburetor with the wierd float and o ring gasket, these are known to be faulty and the float sticks, filling the crankcase up with fuel, install a shut off valve for sure, also scored on some more saws.
This user does not have permission to use the HTML BB code.

well i fixed 6 of the 9 saws i picked up a few weeks ago, cleaned all of the bars up and got a few new chains/parts for them. here are a feww pics of them.

5400ready 001.jpg6900pics 001.jpg8500.jpg37003400bow 001.jpg

twinfords

Threads
fixed a few more mowers and working on a power washer

i fixed a troybilt with broken cables and trans tension spring, also fixed Craftsman with broken cable and missing control bracket, installed a used wheel also.

Hope to have the power washer done int he next few days.