How long do EZTs last?

wbw

Threads
Cut the sisters grass with it. Heck, cut her neighbor's grass with it while youre at it. That's called "trying it out". Listen to it, make a decision. The price sounds right.

The mower is at a dealer. It is on display there as a favor to the owner and sister who are in Florida. I'm in Maryland. There is very little grass to be cut at the dealer and it has already been cut.

I'm even more hesitant now because it's already September. If I buy this and don't get mine sold before winter then I have two mowers and a snow blower that need to be in the garage and there is not room for three pieces of equipment. Of course one could be left outside but I hate doing that.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you are going to use the snow blower this winter why not leave it out?

It is outdoor power equipment.

wbw

Threads
If you are going to use the snow blower this winter why not leave it out?

It is outdoor power equipment.

I could do that. But I'm anal about keeping my stuff fairly clean and protected if possible. I would feel better having it inside.

wbw

Threads
I appreciate everyone who has responded to this thread, but it appears that we don't really know how long the EZT hydros should last. I guess there are too many variables. Hard use vs easy use. Running at full speed vs running slower. Hills vs flat ground.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The ezt hydro is made to last the life of the mower.

I am 250 lbs I run my mowers harder then you could even think possible.
I mow any hill that I can get a mower to hold. I go balls to the wall fast all the time. Always cutting 3 foot or more tall weeds.

My toro has over 2000 hours on it and never have had to touch the hydro drives.

I run my RPMs at 4500.

My feelings are it is not worth the extra money just for bigger drives.

wbw

Threads
The ezt hydro is made to last the life of the mower.

I am 250 lbs I run my mowers harder then you could even think possible.
I mow any hill that I can get a mower to hold. I go balls to the wall fast all the time. Always cutting 3 foot or more tall weeds.

My toro has over 2000 hours on it and never have had to touch the hydro drives.

I run my RPMs at 4500.

My feelings are it is not worth the extra money just for bigger drives.

I'm realizing that I probably don't need the better drives either. I've only got 1.25 ac and I'm pretty easy on my equipment. If I make a purchase it will probably be in the spring so I have a better chance of selling my current machine. I'll stick with the EZT drives and just get a larger machine. My 42" only cuts 36". More would be better.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm realizing that I probably don't need the better drives either. I've only got 1.25 ac and I'm pretty easy on my equipment. If I make a purchase it will probably be in the spring so I have a better chance of selling my current machine. I'll stick with the EZT drives and just get a larger machine. My 42" only cuts 36". More would be better.

Your talking about a larger unit in the spring, keep in mind that the drives are basically match to the weight of the machine as well as HP. Your EZT is only rated at 900lbs the weight of the machine and rider combined. The 2800 at 1000lbs, 3100 at 1200lbs, and the 3400 drives at 1600lbs GVW so if you step up to a larger machine you probably wont have the EZT drives.

Ron3

Threads
Your talking about a larger unit in the spring, keep in mind that the drives are basically match to the weight of the machine as well as HP. Your EZT is only rated at 900lbs the weight of the machine and rider combined. The 2800 at 1000lbs, 3100 at 1200lbs, and the 3400 drives at 1600lbs GVW so if you step up to a larger machine you probably wont have the EZT drives.

Ron3

Threads
If you have around an acre to mow it probably would take an hour per mowing, most home owners mow about 25 hours or less per year at that rate it would take 16 years to put 400 Hours on the EZT transaxle. The EZT,s should last a minimum of 400 hours and probably much longer. For a lot of people it makes no sense to buy the bigger transaxles. Do the math!

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
You may not hear back from any you posted after, the date on last post was Sept. 2 2014....