How do you deal with ice?

We just getting more and more snow covering the ice :( It is horrible to deal with. I keep at it constantly, hopefully I will fins something that works for me.

Do a search for "liquid ice melt" some can be applied with garden sprayer and are non-toxic & non-stain.
 
My front walk is concrete, as is most of my driveway, the back has a wooden deck. I was told to use non-clumping cat litter for traction, so I am now trying that.

The clay based stuff called OIL-DRI sold for soaking up garage floor oil spills is the greatest thing for traction...harmless to concrete and plants, organic, cheap---salt is nothing but an expensive headache I never use it.
 
The clay based stuff called OIL-DRI sold for soaking up garage floor oil spills is the greatest thing for traction...harmless to concrete and plants, organic, cheap---salt is nothing but an expensive headache I never use it.

Hi jd, i agree oil-dry works well, but how is "salt nothing but an expensive headache" are you saying rock salt or all salts/ice melters(there are lots of flavors here) lol . The "headache" part is what stumped me here. :laughing: :thumbsup:
 
I found some absorb all at a mechanic shop, is to absorb spills and I have to say, so far, it works great for traction. WE are to be getting rain and cooler temps so that will be the big tester!
 
Luckily the ice we get here is never too thick that it cannot be dealt with easily by spreading salt and/or grit. I keep a bag of salt by the door and regularly throw some on our steps to avoid accidents.
 
I always use salt and use anything I have to also move any snow and ice off the walkway when I can. It can be tough to get it all though, so I pretty much have to really on the salt.
 
I am pleased to announce that we had some warm temperatures and rain which leads to a whooping pile of ice and so far my new method is working out for me.
 
Hi

What i use for ice melt is fertilizer that you use to put on the lawn with just nitrogen in it. It takes a little while but it releases it pretty good. I'm not sure what it does to the animals paws.And in the spring it helps your lawn and flower patches grow. And you can spread it with your fertilizer spreader that you use for you lawn.:laughing:
 
Back
Top