How about mower to go kart?

briggs

Threads
I bet that made for one heck of a ride ..Its true eh we wouldn't be able to do something like that today and get away with it ..I used to take mine out on the street and roast the back tires lol try that now and see what happens ...EEK I would have loved to see that better still drive it :thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like it may be fun... But I have became accustom to being inside a cab on my mowers...
:smile:KennyV

Mac 624

Threads
But I have became accustom to being inside a cab on my mowers...
:smile:KennyV

That I can believe.

To be honest: This Wolf-Cart was a piece of Junk. Not sure, how much they sold. But since they belong to MTD, they ended production of the Cart. The Tec engine was bad and had Problems cause of overheating.

dusty-t

Threads
Here is one I built for my grandchildren two years ago.

Attachments

• Picture 208.jpg
    Picture 208.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 109

kelly5

Threads
I've never actually done this but I would think it would work if you have a powerful enough motor, though I would question how safe it would be. Probably not the best solution for kids.

dusty-t

Threads
I've never actually done this but I would think it would work if you have a powerful enough motor, though I would question how safe it would be. Probably not the best solution for kids.
Hi Kelly, This machine will go about twice as fast as a normal lawn tractor. It was an 18 hp Kohler and I swaped in a 6 hp . Three spd trani. Clutch, brakes and gas pedal. Padded roll bar and seat belt. Reasonably safe, probably safer than most of the production models. Partly because of the reduced speed( 15mph) but also tip sensor and kill switch. And because it never got used unsupervised. That last one is the one that counts.:biggrin: Dusty

cottom

Threads
As a kid we took the motor off my mother's tired old Maytag wringer washer, powered by a Maytag 2-cycle "kick" start engine and built a go-kart around it. Never did do very good, but them I found the Maytag motor was only rated at 1/2 hp.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
There are not many around that remember the original Maytag washing machine actual had a small gasoline engine powering it... It was later produced only with an electric motor...

Those gasoline engines were not much good for anything else... we also tried. :smile:KennyV