Hour meter not working on Tiger Cub

zachem

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, I purchased a ~04-05 Scag Tiger Cub second hand. Ive noticed the hour meter is not working on it. It displays a set hour, but does not go up after use. Is there a way to reset it, get it to start working again so I can monitor the hourly use? Thanks.

4getgto

Threads
Hello all, I purchased a ~04-05 Scag Tiger Cub second hand. Ive noticed the hour meter is not working on it. It displays a set hour, but does not go up after use. Is there a way to reset it, get it to start working again so I can monitor the hourly use? Thanks.
Highly doubt you can reset them. Do you have 12v to it with the key on or it is running. If you have voltage the meter is probably bad.
Maybe it disconnected..?

zachem

Forum Newbie
Threads
I dont necessarily care about reseting it. Just so it starts running again, so I can monitor personal use. Ill try a voltoneter to see if its working.

If it was disconnected, wouldnt the screen just be blank? It shows "7XX.X" on mine

zachem

Forum Newbie
Threads
I dont necessarily care about reseting it. Just so it starts running again, so I can monitor personal use. Yes it was running, I cut 2 lawns about. I had it running at least half hour, and it stayed the same.

If it was disconnected, wouldnt the screen just be blank? It shows "7XX.X" on mine

4getgto

Threads
I dont necessarily care about reseting it. Just so it starts running again, so I can monitor personal use. Ill try a voltoneter to see if its working.

Yea it would be blank if it had no power. Thinking you're going to need a new hour meter. They do go bad . Not uncommon.

EA6BMECH

Threads
I haven't dug deep, but I have a Tiger Cat. Meter went out. Plugged in a new one and it reads 0 hours. I ass-u-med that there was something that held the time and it would just go to the time it had. Anything wrong here?

Will S.

Forum Newbie
Threads
I haven't dug deep, but I have a Tiger Cat. Meter went out. Plugged in a new one and it reads 0 hours. I ass-u-med that there was something that held the time and it would just go to the time it had. Anything wrong here?
New hours meters will just show 0 hrs.
Some hour meters, the type that just has one wire connected to a pick-up at the spark plug, shows actual engine running hrs as opposed to key-on hours, but for all practical purposes, is the same.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
New hours meters will just show 0 hrs.
Some hour meters, the type that just has one wire connected to a pick-up at the spark plug, shows actual engine running hrs as opposed to key-on hours, but for all practical purposes, is the same.
And some get power via the PTO so they record mowing hours .

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
And some get power via the PTO so they record mowing hours .
Hour meters go bad sometimes. Cannot be reset, and do not have a magic memory for picking up where old meter died. It is an hour meter, not a computer.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Get a new hour meter. Most hour meters have an internal battery and they go bad.