Honda Harmony 215

javjacob

Threads
I have a Honda Harmony 215. It is a HRM, self propelled, hydrostatic, blade brake clutch and poly deck. The rear wheels have fallen apart on me and most of the rubber has peeled off so I am needing to get new ones. Where is a good place to order?
I checked one place and the part number my mower shows is 42710-VE2-800 but the price is $50 per wheel.
I checked another part number 42710-VG3-B00 and it was priced $12 per wheel. There are other rear wheel part numbers too so I was wondering what the difference was and would either part # work on my mower?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Those are not the same tires by 3 inches. model number and i can check

javjacob

Threads
Ok sounds like I should go with the part # 42710-VE2-800. I found them on amazon for $43 or $44 per wheel with free shipping. That seems to be worth it to me as I believe this mower will last another 20 years.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was going to tell you the same thing about where to buy them.

javjacob

Threads
I placed my order today, got free shipping. Came out to $88.52 total. Cheapest I could find them. The Honda will be good to go soon.

javjacob

Threads
I have another question. When I engage the blades I have to engage them really slowly or the motor will stall. It acts like the clutch or something is locking up or dragging. What would be causing this?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have another question. When I engage the blades I have to engage them really slowly or the motor will stall. It acts like the clutch or something is locking up or dragging. What would be causing this?

Sounds like your clutch is dirty

javjacob

Threads
Sounds like your clutch is dirty

How do I fix that? Just take it apart and clean it? Im not even sure how to get to it though. I have decent mechanical skills but I know nothing about these mowers.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
How do I fix that? Just take it apart and clean it? Im not even sure how to get to it though. I have decent mechanical skills but I know nothing about these mowers.

I would try some compressed air between the two plates

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads

The engine must be running at full, wide-open throttle when engaging the blades. Even then, it will slow and bog down a bit, but should not stall. I'd double-check the throttle cable and use a tachometer to confirm the engine speeds is set correctly. With the blades engaged, the engine speed with the throttle set to FAST should be 3,150~3,300 RPM.

I'll bet it is an engine-speed issue that is causing the stalling, as most clutch problems are wear-related, and would not typically cause the engine to stall.

Finally, when engaging the blades, try and position the mower on freshly-mowed grass, or a sidewalk / driveway. Trying to engage the blades when the mower is in unmowed or very tall grass will also stall the engine, especially if the mower height is set low.