Hibernation is about over.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
When winter came this year, I turn into a lazy bum. I crawled out of my cave today with a list of things I was going to get done this week. Opened the door and the cold wind blew me right back into my lazy chair. LOL. Taking a glance at the weather, looks like the temps are going to be in the 30's later this week. So there's another week to get ready to come out of hibernation.

Honestly, I've been taking it easy, doing back exercises, and I think it's a lot better. I've been rolling by spine on a basketball a few times a day. So far so good.

BTW, I got a new desktop and can't remember my password. I finally dug the laptop out that has my passwords stored.

How every doing? Are you ready for spring?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It been in the 80's here along the AL/TN line. This morning it is in the 40's but that is a cold came through yesterday after the rain. Customers are coming out of the wood works here. I am already running about a week and half behind due mainly to part deliveries. Some projects are actually several weeks in the making due to back ordered parts, others I have the parts on hand. Apparently some of the OEMs didn't even restock over break period. Briggs is still dragging their feet and now Kawasaki is running about two-four weeks behind when my distributor has to order the parts from them. At Stihl is back up to par on orders except those cancelled maintenance kits that are affected by the Ukraine mess.

At least it should dry enough to do some outdoor welding today. I got a deck that some repair welding along beefing part of it that keeps getting damaged by tree roots. A couple new spindles due to owner putting blades on wrong destroying the stars and one has a broken housing.

Now I am blood pressure problems introduced by the doctor changing my meds and refusing to return me to the ones that were working. I am currently on a self imposed crash diet where I eating one very small meal once a day and two coffee cups of liquid. I got BP back down to where it is in the 130-140/80-90 range; unlike the 200/110 range the doctor had gotten me up to with a week after changing my meds. Sometimes I think I can do better than him at keeping my BP under control.

When he changed my meds my weight also shot up from 245 to 258 within a week after starting on the new pills. I now got it back down to back to 245.8 this morning.

With this not wanting to correct his mistake I will need to find a new doctor that will do his job.

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I mowed for the first time the other day, not a full mowing, just the back with the pusher. Winter grass and weeds were getting scraggly.
a few blackberries are blooming.

Threads
When winter came this year, I turn into a lazy bum. I crawled out of my cave today with a list of things I was going to get done this week. Opened the door and the cold wind blew me right back into my lazy chair. LOL. Taking a glance at the weather, looks like the temps are going to be in the 30's later this week. So there's another week to get ready to come out of hibernation.

Honestly, I've been taking it easy, doing back exercises, and I think it's a lot better. I've been rolling by spine on a basketball a few times a day. So far so good.

BTW, I got a new desktop and can't remember my password. I finally dug the laptop out that has my passwords stored.

How every doing? Are you ready for spring?
no not at all the john deere is messed up

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm at a point were I have to roll out the old stuff to make room to work on the new stuff, and then get into a waiting on parts pattern and don't have room to store the old stuff or the new stuff. Between backordered parts holding up repairs, or dealing with multi-step repairs meaning you have to get some parts to determine what other parts you need. Everything is full and can't seem to get rid of any of it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Glad to hear you are on the mend .
Stay out of that lazy chair & sit on the exercise bike ( best ) or massage chair ( worst ) so you muscles are being challenged .
Second fastest way to kill yourself is to sit around & do nothing .
Still trying to get rid of the 20 lbs I put on in 2020 when I was crook for the year .
I have just come back from the evacuation centre ( waste of time ) as again the water was way short of the workshop.
Going to buy a boat so I can stay here next time.
Now to reset all of the stuff that got switched off when I tripped the main switch .
Last time I forgot the two clock radios in the workshop so in the small hours of the morning I was awakened by the sounds of "intruders" in the workshop so armed with the biggest kitchen knife & strongest ( blinding ) torch I went downstairs to confront them , turned the radio off & went back to bed .
I have to stay in for the next 4 days because the road is closed in both directions

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Bert you probably lose the weight it you go my current BP plan. Doctor change my meds and my BP shot up to over 200/110. I currently only consuming 2 coffee cups of water and one small meal per day. I have already lost over 8 lbs in less than a week which what it shot up within two week on the new meds. That means I have dropped from over 258 to 245 already. Consuming less than 500 calories per day now. I got to admit I tried eating the table leg a couple days as they looked so good.

The doctor is refusing to put me back on the meds that worked. I reckon I got to find a new doctor now. At least the BP is now running around 145/95. Still higher than it should be but much better as the headaches are gone again.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well I never got that heavy
currently about 210
Fighting weight is around 180
And as you know the older you get the harder it is to replace the blubber with beef .

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bert you probably lose the weight it you go my current BP plan. Doctor change my meds and my BP shot up to over 200/110. I currently only consuming 2 coffee cups of water and one small meal per day. I have already lost over 8 lbs in less than a week which what it shot up within two week on the new meds. That means I have dropped from over 258 to 245 already. Consuming less than 500 calories per day now. I got to admit I tried eating the table leg a couple days as they looked so good.

The doctor is refusing to put me back on the meds that worked. I reckon I got to find a new doctor now. At least the BP is now running around 145/95. Still higher than it should be but much better as the headaches are gone again.
Don’t get yourself in trouble by not getting enough water.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Water intake daily recommendation for a man is like 96 oz. That's what my DR said is best.