Here is another Zero turn i am working on Gravely ZT 48 HD great machaine

briggs

Threads
  • / Here is another Zero turn i am working on Gravely ZT 48 HD great machaine
I am working on Gravely ZT 48HD it has a 24hp Kawasaki V-twin runs like a charm ....I got it in for a tune up and full service the only thing I am not happy about is u pay that much for a Zero turn and they don't put dam grease fittings on it anywhere I could add them but the client dose not want me to as it will cost to much money ..I know if it was mine it would be getting them put on its not hard to do and in the long run it will last longer and save them money ...But other then that it runs and works great love the cut and it mulches up the leaves great ..Its very touchy tho hair trigger lol

Attachments

• 11162013679[1].jpg
    11162013679[1].jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 11162013680[1].jpg
    11162013680[1].jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 11162013681[1].jpg
    11162013681[1].jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 11162013682[1].jpg
    11162013682[1].jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 41
Threads
That looks like a nice mower! :thumbsup:

briggs

Threads
That looks like a nice mower! :thumbsup:

i had a blast with it lol..I love my job i get to play with all the toys i fix and my grass is always cut never have to use my own :thumbsup:

sk11venge

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have this model except its a 2013. Mine has the gas tank on the other side, engine area looks a little different, cover screen, metal guard where muffler is, etc. Mine is touchy as well, its got lots of power. I am a little concerned about the grease fittings you mention, where would those be installed at exactly? How much money could be saved by doing this in the long run?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have this model except its a 2013. Mine has the gas tank on the other side, engine area looks a little different, cover screen, metal guard where muffler is, etc. Mine is touchy as well, its got lots of power. I am a little concerned about the grease fittings you mention, where would those be installed at exactly? How much money could be saved by doing this in the long run?

I can't tell you where they are, but yes it will save you money on the long run! Probably a couple hundred $$$.

The install is easy. People even do it on cars for the ball joints. Just drill out a hole on top, do a screw thread, screw in a grease nipple and you are done!

briggs

Threads

on the wheel were the bolt gos threw i put them on the inside,the mandrels on the side of it ,where the front wheels are attached to the mower why they dont install them i dont know ...but when u grease them only put a put about 4 shots in them each ...Mandrels should last u allot longer there not cheap if one is going it means the other 2 are not to far behind if its a 3 blade deck ..this one here has 2 tanks

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Talked with a bearing pro at dalton bearing last time I was getting bearings.
I have installed zerks on all my deck spindles. Most spindles come with bearings with a plastic seal to hold the grease in so no need to pump grease into the housing. The bearings he gave me have a medal seal that will let grease into the bearings.

So as a test I used both types and had to replace the ones with the plastic seal once already. Both bearings cost the same.

He even talked me into replacing the front wheel bushings with bearings.

briggs

Threads
Talked with a bearing pro at dalton bearing last time I was getting bearings.
I have installed zerks on all my deck spindles. Most spindles come with bearings with a plastic seal to hold the grease in so no need to pump grease into the housing. The bearings he gave me have a medal seal that will let grease into the bearings.

So as a test I used both types and had to replace the ones with the plastic seal once already. Both bearings cost the same.

He even talked me into replacing the front wheel bushings with bearings.

so what u are saying its a waste of time to put Zerks on ...I found they last a little longer ..Wish they would not have made those dam sealed bearings ...

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
so what u are saying its a waste of time to put Zerks on ...I found they last a little longer ..Wish they would not have made those dam sealed bearings ...

I have always put zerks on everything and yes I thing it makes things last longer.

Why they don't use a roller bearing and a race I do not know. I am going to try it tomorrow.

briggs

Threads
I have always put zerks on everything and yes I thing it makes things last longer.

Why they don't use a roller bearing and a race I do not know. I am going to try it tomorrow.

let me know how u make out ..I may do the same if it will work better :thumbsup: