HELP PLEASE FROZEN MOTOR!

chowchow

Threads
if the blade turns and pistons didnt move then no sense wasting time on it the crank and/or piston rod is broken

its cheaper to buy another used and/or new mower then try to fix a broken engine, its just simple math
Do you think i should get a new engine and slap it on or get a new mower and start out fresh. They sure dont make em like they used to but if i put a new engine on i dont know what other problems ill run into down the line.

keakar

Threads
Do you think i should get a new engine and slap it on or get a new mower and start out fresh. They sure dont make em like they used to but if i put a new engine on i dont know what other problems ill run into down the line.
me i would go buy any pretty looking cheap mower with the same or higher hp rating that i can find and buy for $150 or less and put that engine on the mower you love most. facebook marketplace is full of them and if its the same mfg brand you might get a spare set of tires and seat as well, just make sure the engine starts and runs before you buy it so you dont have to trust anyones word that its a good engine that runs and doesnt smoke or burn oil

in most cases, engines are bullet proof if you change oil regularly as required, some of the most pathetic looking mowers out there have engines that start easy and run smooth and will last you another 10 years

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
, some of the most pathetic looking mowers out there have engines that start easy and run smooth and will last you another 10 years
Why have you been prowling around looking at my mowers!!?? LOL.

keakar

Threads
Why have you been prowling around looking at my mowers!!?? LOL.
i had 3 parts mowers show up for sale the other day, the ads were 6 minutes, 12 minutes, and 16 minutes old and all 3 had already been sold that damn fast lol

i got lucky when one buyer backed out and i was #2 in line so i did get it but man them vulchers are fast snapping up any mower with a good engine being posted for under $200

i managed to buy a pretty decent craftsman from a guy yesterday that he had changed the engine but the mower wouldnt stop choking out as soon as he tried to cut grass with it. he removed the broken 19hp engine and replaced it with a 15.5hp engine. i had to bite my lip not to laugh in his face but took my newly bought mower home with me. he was giving it away for free but his wife insisted he get something for it (women love to ruin things) so we agreed on $20 for it. just needs a full set of tires and the right sized engine since he already replaced the belts idlers and spindles on it thinking that was the problem

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I almost bought a murray mower several months ago, good deck with a blown Opposed twin, (I have a good one sitting) for $100..
By the time I got up from the chair, grabbed the phone, and clicked on th Ad, it was gone. It is only been up 30 minutes

Last edited:

chowchow

Threads
i had 3 parts mowers show up for sale the other day, the ads were 6 minutes, 12 minutes, and 16 minutes old and all 3 had already been sold that damn fast lol

i got lucky when one buyer backed out and i was #2 in line so i did get it but man them vulchers are fast snapping up any mower with a good engine being posted for under $200

i managed to buy a pretty decent craftsman from a guy yesterday that he had changed the engine but the mower wouldnt stop choking out as soon as he tried to cut grass with it. he removed the broken 19hp engine and replaced it with a 15.5hp engine. i had to bite my lip not to laugh in his face but took my newly bought mower home with me. he was giving it away for free but his wife insisted he get something for it (women love to ruin things) so we agreed on $20 for it. just needs a full set of tires and the right sized engine since he already replaced the belts idlers and spindles on it thinking that was the problem
Yea im going to get this 300 dollar mower with tax included at home depot with a honda engine and rear bagger(not self propelled) but i have a small lawn so i dont mind pushing a mower lol. I think it should last 5 years at least because my old girl gave me 21 years but i think its time to let go. Man they make things like crap now days its built to break! I still drive around in my 1995 ford explorer i bought new 25 years ago. ?

keakar

Threads
Yea im going to get this 300 dollar mower with tax included at home depot with a honda engine and rear bagger(not self propelled) but i have a small lawn so i dont mind pushing a mower lol. I think it should last 5 years at least because my old girl gave me 21 years but i think its time to let go. Man they make things like crap now days its built to break! I still drive around in my 1995 ford explorer i bought new 25 years ago. ?
well if you have one of those inbetween yards where its too much to push but not really enough to need a big mower, then you could pick up a used snapper rear engine rider for it so your not walking the yard in august heat and those snappers will last 30 years easy

they are pretty much like a push mower you ride on and fit right through walk through gates because they come in 25", 28" and 33" deck sizes

i have a small yard and after just one year with push mower i went get a rer snapper and man that was the best decision ever

chowchow

Threads
well if you have one of those inbetween yards where its too much to push but not really enough to need a big mower, then you could pick up a used snapper rear engine rider for it so your not walking the yard in august heat and those snappers will last 30 years easy

they are pretty much like a push mower you ride on and fit right through walk through gates because they come in 25", 28" and 33" deck sizes

i have a small yard and after just one year with push mower i went get a rer snapper and man that was the best decision ever
Yea with my fat ass i NEED a push mower ?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads

I've only seen Snapper RER's with 28, 30 and 33" decks. I have a 33" deck Hi-Vac. Like you said, it's like riding a push mower. Best transmission and drive system on any mower. Very easy on the wallet to keep Snappers running. But everyone has to have a Honda these days....... :rolleyes:

slomo