Help, kohler 27 no spark

Winger

Threads
I just installed new DSAI ignition. Tested the old coils and had 2 ohm values out so by the book changed out the coils to the upgraded DSAI. Well I still have no spark and I'm about to donate some hair off my head soon as I'm pulling it out. I have power and ground at the coils, the oil sensor is in working order. Seat sensor and rollover sensor have been by and still no spark. HELP! What am I missing here

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post you model and spec numbers and I'll find a troubleshoot procedure.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Try and run the power wire right to the battery and see if you have spark

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
also Check that your kill wire is Not grounded... That is a good ignition system but it still uses a ground 'kill' system... :smile:KennyV

Winger

Threads
Its a ch740s 3335023231. I have a repair manual I printed from on line but if there is something better ill take that! I have completely disconnected the kill(white) wire and still no spark. I haven't tried running power straight from the battery yet, but I will. I hope I can get this sorted out soon, my backup mower is a little 38" lawnboy! A bit slower than the 52" exmark LOL.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have the manual, find connection AB and disconnect the kill wire at this connection and check for spark. From your description I'm suspecting a short in the kill circuit, possibly the switch.

Winger

Threads
Well I pulled the kill wire off and success! It runs now! It also shuts off too, so is the kill wire necessary for the motor or can I just run it disconnected? And thanks for the help everyone.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That kill wire is for any secondary devises that may be hooked to the engine, ie, safety switches. If you can still start and stop the unit with it disconnected, you can leave it disconnected, with no problems.