Help identifying a part please

Lyd

Threads
Hello everyone, I was mowing along and these parts dropped onto the lawn. I have removed the spindle assembly and know I need to order a new housing assembly and a new mandrel pulley. I looked at the clutch and it seems to be solid and in place. Here is my question please. What is this rusty brown pulley looking thing in the picture? The only thing in the parts schematic that looks remotely like anything identifiable is called the "engine pulley" but that seems to be situated above the clutch. Can anyone give me any thoughts as to what this mystery part is and where it belongs? Thanks a million. BTW this is a Husqvarna EZ4824 and it is 12 years old with 173 hours on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 16

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is some kind of pulley but you can tell there has been no belt running on it. Since the pulley is rusty where the belt would run.

Lyd

Threads
You are so right, I failed to notice. Here is a better picture of it and one of the interior. Hmmm. Maybe I can just keep it out of the mix? It looks like it is related to the spindle somehow.

Attachments

• IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 9

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
look at the parts diagram of the belts and how they run on your mower, then see what pulley it is.

Lyd

Threads
I have been poring over the schematics to no avail. This mystery part does not seem to be part of the deck.
The only thing that looks remotely like it is something called an "engine pulley" on the engine plate diagram #12.
I have included below the schem for the engine plate and the one from the deck. Thank you so much for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 9

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
so what quit working when it came off

Lyd

Threads
I mowed about 8 feet. Then it sounded funny. It stopped mowing. I turned around and I saw the blade assembly laying on the lawn. Upon closer inspection, the nut was very near by it. Then I found this pulley thing on top of the deck.

Now I am second guessing myself. I found 2 pulleys. I know the smaller one was on the deck, this mystery one could have been found on the lawn.

Last edited:

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, do take it and the parts to your mower shop. They can fix it.

Attachments

• pulley.jpg
    pulley.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 5

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is a PTO (engine) pulley off something
The hole in the side of the boss for the grub screw is a give away that it is not off your mower
Most likely off a walk behind like a snow blower or roto tiller or even concrete mixer
As previously mentioned way too rusty to have had a belt on it for quite some time
So look in your shed for something else that is missing it's drive pulley
How did it get on top of your deck ?
You got kids ?

Lyd

Threads
Thank you, sgkent, but that is not an option.