Help finding the correct Crankshaft for my Honda HRX2174VLA

wrldtvlr

Threads
  • / Help finding the correct Crankshaft for my Honda HRX2174VLA
I'd still like to introduce Mr. Fist to the face of the engineer who designed that engine..... One piece cylinder head my butt.
I have first hand experience with this, please don't blame the engineer. He/she knows it was a crap design. The Product Line Director tells Engineering what to do, i.e. controls the production cost target.

Chris Parman

Threads
I really don't understand what is all the fuss about design comments? The GCV series engine is very reliable for what it is designed for (Domestic use). Even if a person has moderate skills, maintenance can be performed easily and major repairs can be tackled. The GCV series wasn't designed for some idiot to treat it like shit and not follow guidelines outlined in the Honda Lawn mowers User's Manual. If the GCV engine and Honda Mower (as a whole) is treated like shit then that's on the Idiot Owner !

Last edited:
Threads
I know I missed it.
But how did you bend the crankshaft?
There are videos on how to straighten the blade end without replacing the crank itself.
I am glad you went the correct way.
Peace of mind is a good thing.

I bought it knowing the crank was bent. The guy who sold it to me said he didn't know how his brother in law bent the shaft. If I were to guess he must have his a big stump or a giant rock. There was no sign of damage on the blades because I'm assuming he replaced them to see if it was just the bent/broken blades vibrating the thing. That obviously wasn't the case ?