Hello from Chile

Woody'88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there,
Congrats for the forum, I have never imagine to find a mower forum, I am member in off road forums (Jeep Cherokee XJ) thats where my nick name came from, aircraft and motorcicle forums.

I found this forum trying to reach the owners manual for my mower and Im glad to be here.

Im Luis and I just got an used murray 21 ride mower and after changed belt, regulator, battery and a well done tune up. I can say its running like a champ. Its my first ride mower so I haven't nothing to compare it, but a MTD yard machine. 6.75 hp pull mower that's very different..:biggrin::biggrin:

So, After use it 20 hours or so, I noticed that the guy spent almost the total of the engine oil, (I putted new oil when I brought to my place) Is that normal??, by my knowledge in cars, that's sounds really bad :eek::eek:, but who knows. There is no smoke, except in the moment when the engine loose rpm for a moment in iddle and when I put full throttle to cut, but just one smoky). Also the hour-meter shows the message CHANGE OIL intermittently since the mower have 200 hours on it.

Thank you for your advices...

Saludos from Chile

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello Luis...
Welcome to a rather fun forum. there are also some great off road forums...

Are you saying that the engine has used almost all the oil in 20 hrs run time??
That is excessive and if you are not seeing smoke, check for a leak at the main seal around the crank and any other place ... I'm guessing it is the mowing season in Chile ... :smile:KennyV

Woody'88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Luis...
Welcome to a rather fun forum. there are also some great off road forums...

Are you saying that the engine has used almost all the oil in 20 hrs run time??
That is excessive and if you are not seeing smoke, check for a leak at the main seal around the crank and any other place ... I'm guessing it is the mowing season in Chile ... :smile:KennyV

Thanks Kenny.

You'r right, it's summer here so the mowing is hot. :biggrin:

I will check for leaks, I have just see a little wet at bottom of the twin valve caps, nothing more so far.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum! Hope you find the information here useful. :thumbsup:

douber1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there,
Congrats for the forum, I have never imagine to find a mower forum, I am member in off road forums (Jeep Cherokee XJ) thats where my nick name came from, aircraft and motorcicle forums.

I found this forum trying to reach the owners manual for my mower and Im glad to be here.

Im Luis and I just got an used murray 21 ride mower and after changed belt, regulator, battery and a well done tune up. I can say its running like a champ. Its my first ride mower so I haven't nothing to compare it, but a MTD yard machine. 6.75 hp pull mower that's very different..:biggrin::biggrin:

So, After use it 20 hours or so, I noticed that the guy spent almost the total of the engine oil, (I putted new oil when I brought to my place) Is that normal??, by my knowledge in cars, that's sounds really bad :eek::eek:, but who knows. There is no smoke, except in the moment when the engine loose rpm for a moment in iddle and when I put full throttle to cut, but just one smoky). Also the hour-meter shows the message CHANGE OIL intermittently since the mower have 200 hours on it.

Thank you for your advices...

Saludos from Chile

welcome luis from new hampshire,USA

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi, Luis!

Sounds like the rings might be worn. But. if it just smokes once in awhile, and it doesn't clatter like a diesel, I'd just keep an eye on the level and run it.

Sometimes they can run forever like that. You may have to check the plug, too when it begins to start hard.

-Todd

Woody'88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, Luis!

Sounds like the rings might be worn. But. if it just smokes once in awhile, and it doesn't clatter like a diesel, I'd just keep an eye on the level and run it.

Sometimes they can run forever like that. You may have to check the plug, too when it begins to start hard.

-Todd

Yeap, thats was the first thing I thought, rings...
Now and for ever I will double check the level, I have to admit that forgot completely take a look at the level since I changed the oil. Maybe Ill loose a couple of Hps, so I hope things don't get worst.

Thank you.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
You should be fine. I've seen it a lot. lawnmower engines are tough, and a lot more forgiving than a car engine.

You shouldn't even notice any missing hp.

Woody'88

Forum Newbie
Threads
You should be fine. I've seen it a lot. lawnmower engines are tough, and a lot more forgiving than a car engine.

You shouldn't even notice any missing hp.

I hope so.
BTW any idea on how to clear the changing oil message on the hour-meter. The owners manual does not mention it.

Thanks,
L