Happiness is.........

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Putting just enough coffee in the filter, and the water level in the filter is just below the top.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
i had another best feeling that just happened today
i left my offroad mud mower out in the rail lastnight, we got about five invhes of rain,
( my carborauter is popping out of the hood, i made the tube out of a shopvac hose)
and i went out this morning to go start it, and
1. i left it outside ( on accident )
2. i never put a cup on top of the hose

so i was out there cranking cranking and cranking, probably 20 min of cranking, went through 2 batt charges, and more starting fluid and more and more
and it FINNALY started up, and it smoked like a chimney out of the exaughst
but it WAS THE BEST FEELING EVER

What's an offroad mower? I guess some mowers are used on roads but I've never heard that term. I won't even ask about the mud. I know what you mean about getting beyond a problem like that.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Picked up what I thought was going to be a parts John Deere mower from the scrap yard today. Got it home, and used to jumper to turn it over, to check the compression. This thing had like 120lbs, in a briggs intek 19.5 single. Sprayed some carb cleaner in the carb and she fired right up. LOL.. So I got the gas tank I use to test carb leaks and hooked it up, turned the key and it fired right up.
Looked underneath and it had almost brand new idlers and drive belt.
All it needs is a little deck work.
For $20...... 20 friggin bucks will turn into at least $500 in a week or two.

Ear to ear, gentlemen. Ear to ear.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Picked up what I thought was going to be a parts John Deere mower from the scrap yard today. Got it home, and used to jumper to turn it over, to check the compression. This thing had like 120lbs, in a briggs intek 19.5 single. Sprayed some carb cleaner in the carb and she fired right up. LOL.. So I got the gas tank I use to test carb leaks and hooked it up, turned the key and it fired right up.
Looked underneath and it had almost brand new idlers and drive belt.
All it needs is a little deck work.
For $20...... 20 friggin bucks will turn into at least $500 in a week or two.

Ear to ear, gentlemen. Ear to ear.

He shoots. He scores. And the crowd goes wild. Nice snag.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Happiness is: finally finding that 10mm socket when you really need it. (y)

logert gogert

Threads
yesterday i couldn't find my 1/2 in socket, so i had to go to pep boys ( don't know if you've heard of it ) and i had to use their "loan a tool system" its where you borrow a tool and you have to give it back or you pay for it.

so i got the socket, went back to my house, went to put it on the wrench............and guess where MY 1/2 in was?
IT WAS ON THE WRENCH
so i wasted about half an hour looking for it

eye yi yi........ face palm

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's how it works... Just smile..

Lawn Addict
Threads
I feel your pain man.. Been there.. Just roll with it.. LOL

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Took an old mower in for repairs, and right from the git go, the guy was having trouble coming up with parts money. I've learned that customers who are going to have a lot of parts, don't mind dishing out the parts money upfront. So for like a month I've had this guys mower and he's stalled and stalled with coming up with the money. So, I finally started making plans for him to come pick it up. I've had it for like a month. Moving it out of the way was getting old.
So I mentioned to him that since I had time and labor into this, that after 30 days, it becomes mine. Low n behold, in about 2 days, he shows up and pays for the parts and most of the labor.