Hankthecrank Here

hankthecrank

Threads
I don't know that much about the model numbers except for the one I have -- 7266 -- built in 1977, I believe. I'd like to know if you have any around that vintage.

Also, if you have any two-stroke Jacobsens, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks again for posting.

Funny you should ask about Jacobsens because infact I do have one and it is a beauty, I will try and get a pic and post it. As far as the 7266 I have several around that year if my memory serves me correctly.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Funny you should ask about Jacobsens because infact I do have one and it is a beauty, I will try and get a pic and post it. As far as the 7266 I have several around that year if my memory serves me correctly.

Looking at your other thread pics, I can't IMAGINE why you'd have trouble remebering what you've got......:laughing:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looking at your other thread pics, I can't IMAGINE why you'd have trouble remebering what you've got......:laughing:

Yeah -- he's got a data management problem.:laughing:

173abn

Threads
hankthecrank,wow what a collection!my dad had a LB and when he died my Nephew got it.I'm thinking it's a 2stroke?how old is that one model you got and is it a two or four stroke?...russ

Jetblast

Threads
Wow!

Back in my day, mowers with cast decks like that were made by Sensation. I believe that through a series of aquisitions, that design became Lawn Boy. I used to cut my neighbors grass with my Sensation for $5 a pop. Not your fault, but I feel 20 years older now than I did fifteen minutes ago. :biggrin:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow!

Back in my day, mowers with cast decks like that were made by Sensation. I believe that through a series of aquisitions, that design became Lawn Boy. I used to cut my neighbors grass with my Sensation for $5 a pop. Not your fault, but I feel 20 years older now than I did fifteen minutes ago. :biggrin:

I hadn't heard of Sensation so I looked it up and found this WikiPedia page. They sound like great mowers -- built for commercial use.

Sensation Lawn Mower Company was bought by Gilson Brothers in 1982, which was bought by by Lawn-Boy (Outboard Marine Corporation) in 1988, which was bought by Toro in 1989.

Does anybody have a photo of a Sensation mower?