Gx 120 governor arms

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No problems what so ever
All that happens is you can get a little fluttering when the governor allows the throttle to open up .

CrusinSusan

Threads
No problems what so ever
All that happens is you can get a little fluttering when the governor allows the throttle to open up .
I was racking my brain last night cause this aerator engine has always started up every season, first second pull no problem. Ran great, always check/change oil and grease bearings on schedule. The only thing I can think of I did different was instead of running it dry of gas like I have been I remembered I watched a video saying that was bad for the gaskets blah blah and to pour some stabil 360 in with a bit of gas and leave that for storage . I should of left good enough alone, lesson learned lol. Could this be a carb issue you think? Even though it starts right up and runs? (Granted it don’t run correct and has high rpm’s now) or maybe a governor issue? Would valves being off cause that? Very much enjoy learning from you guys and I appreciate it as always!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes
While not critical for a governed engine variations in valve lash will vary the valve timing, the actual volume of fuel that can get into the cylinder and if it has a decompressor the amount of charge that is bleed off .
Lots of idiots on you tube who apply things that are correct for one type of engine to ones where it is incorrect.
The proceedure you were using is the best, run it dry , drain the fuel tank & put that in your car, turn the fuel tap off and leave it till next year .