Great location for a squirrel nest

chobbs1957

Threads
At our second home, I finished up mowing back in early November and parked my Husqvarna in the garage and put my old ATV tarp over it. We have lots of pecan trees at many homes in south Georgia, including ours.

The afternoon sun shining into the open end of the garage and the tarp made a very inviting place for a squirrel nest. The other day, I removed the tarp to crank the mower to do a little late season leaf removal and this is what I found.

SquirrelNuts-Husqvarna4.jpgSquirrelNuts-Husqvarna2.jpg

We removed a five gallon bucket full of good quality nuts, packed in every spot there was under the hood. I cleaned them all out, took the air hose and blew the fines out. Guess what? The machine won't crank now. I took it to the shop, sure some wiring has been gnawed.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
They sure were busy. I have had mouse nest in some of my customers mowers and chewed wires. I never came across one that bad.

Mike88se

Threads
I wonder if the squirrel remembered where his stash was? Anything else in there?

chobbs1957

Threads
I wonder if the squirrel remembered where his stash was? Anything else in there?

He is wondering what happened, now. Besides nuts, he left some old croaker sack shreds and some other bedding material trash.

Mike88se

Threads
He is wondering what happened, now. Besides nuts, he left some old croaker sack shreds and some other bedding material trash.
Damn... you might have been better with a crows nest in there...they like shiny stuff ;)
200808131556.jpg

Threads
I bet that is one pissed off squirrel now.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
We bought a house in the early 1990's, in the middle of some woods, on a fishing lake, it had been empty for a year or so before we moved in. I went to install a light
on the porch, drilled a hole for the fixture, and acorns rolled out for a day or two........

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take the motor out and replace with one of these coupled to the pulley. Hang a pecan just out of the tree rats reach. :laughing::laughing:
5374410551_39ab35fab5_z.jpg

Threads
Take the motor out and replace with one of these coupled to the pulley. Hang a pecan just out of the tree rats reach. :laughing::laughing:
5374410551_39ab35fab5_z.jpg

:laughing:.:laughing:.. That might just work.:smile: