Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

gainestruk

Threads
First time mower owner, taking delivery of a new Ikon XD 52 with Kawasaki engine next week. Wanted to get a head start on this forum to prevent any misuse of my new equipment! Especially since there is not a lot of info out there, since this is a relatively new machine.
Don’t baby the engine, it has been run in at factory, go full throttle to keep engine cool, change oil after first 5 hrs. Then what ever book says, I Change mine at 50 hrs but most summers I end up at around 46 hrs so I just change at end of each mowing season, I have the dreaded Koehler courage single cylinder 18 hp on my Gravley ZT 1844XL I’m at 967 hours on it now so ill go over 1000 hrs this year (knock on wood).
Just keep maintenance up on it to be safe take the blower housing off before you start mowing each year to make sure no mouse nest and I always use some brake cleaner sprayed on cylinder fins to keep them clean, and keep an eye on air filter if you live in dusty area you might need to replace it about half way thru season.

Mower Frank

Threads
Hello from Columbia, Tenn. I’ve owned a Gravely 44Z for 13 years, it’s been a great mower. It’s time for a change, so I just ordered a ZT HD 48. I hope it works out as well as the 44Z has. I hope to get some useful information from this forum.
You'll love it. I've got the ZT HD 60 as my first zero turn. Decided to add to my barn and due to the current deals at the time I went with the Pro Turn 148. It's even better than the zt hd.

OldDuffus

Threads
Welcome aboard, WFM.

madness5557

Threads
Welcome aboard, WFM.
I am looking at few mowers and the Ariens Ikon and Gravely ZT series is another (also John Deere but since this is not a JD thread). I know there are different series that start in the low 3K and go up from there. I have between 1/2 and 3/4 property with some slight hills that I would not consider steep. My first question are these comparable mowers, gauge of deck etc. I know features and engine change as you go upward in the series. But quality wise are they identical? I was reading that the Ariens is a lesser quality but I am not sure if that was comparing the same level of mowers. Sure the ZT HD would be nice but costly and I do not see myself justifying the cost. Thank you. Also any preference between a stamp or fabricated deck? Thanks.

CharlesHowse

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone, I'm in West Tennessee with a 42" Ariens rider that is driving me crazy!
Model A21AH2. I need some serious troubleshooting help. See you in the regular forum.!

TomisinMd

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!
Hello all,

Maryland here, and a new 2021 ZTHD 52" owner #991244. I'll take delivery on Tuesday. Old Simplicity guy, so this a new step for me. Looking forward to learning all I can here. Thanks!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello all!
Thanks for accepting me. I’m not new to Zero Turns, I’m just new to the Gravely brand. We moved to our new home in 2018. I have approximately 3 acres to mow. I started out with a 50” Toro Timecutter. Mowing took forever and the cut never looked that great. I decided to trade up to a Toro Timecutter HD 54. It cut mowing time and the cut was better. However, it beat me up pretty good. Recently, I decided I needed something with more comfort, cut mowing time a little more and had a beefier build. I shopped around for a 60” commercial grade machine. I looked at the Scag Patriot 61, the Hustler FasTrak SDX 60 and the Gravely Pro Turn 160. I settled on the Gravely Pro Turn 160 with the Yamaha MX800V carbureted engine. This thing is a beast. It has right at 30 hours on it now and I’m very happy with the performance.

jonbo

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Gravely & Ariens mower owners! ?

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name ?). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Gravely/Ariens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Gravely/Ariens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Gravely/Ariens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Greetings all I am an owner of a 2019 Pro-Turn 52 and best wishes for a great 4th of July.

Chkiaar

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Gravely & Ariens mower owners! ?

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name ?). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Gravely/Ariens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Gravely/Ariens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Gravely/Ariens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Howdy everyone, I'm Chuck from Texarkana, TX
I don't own a Gravely...YET, but I'm leaning towards the ZT HD52. We've had our 42" Craftsman tractor for over 12yrs now with NO COMPLAINTS, but I'm wanting to upgrade before it does become a problem. I'm hoping the Gravely will be my last mower.

lyndwood

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello from PA, new here but always looking for forums for help. I aquired a promaster 260h XDZ last year and love it but I alos have my trusty 1979 cub cadet 1250 as a back up.