Gravely 991083 spindles

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The ones that came off this deck didn't have the set screw n them. And none of it was black.
Because you throw away the locking collar and use the bearing. The bearing has a flange on the side that the locking collar uses to secure the bearings, but without the locking collar some companies use the flange as a bearing spacer. Some Dixon spindles use the same bearing.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The ones that came off this deck didn't have the set screw n them. And none of it was black.
I'm replacing the right side bearings on this Gravely. (fhr205-16SP) Seems everyone wants to just sell the entire spindle assembly. Glad you mentioned there's two different ones on one mower. LMAO.. Now I've got to spend an extra hour making sure I'm looking at the right part & numbers.

Looks like these are about $75 for all 6.
Usually the locking collar is not used and is just put in the recycling bin here.

And $45.32 is about what I would pay for those bearings when I order only those @6 ea per time including shipping. So I could sell to my customer 6 for $66.84 plus an hour of labor for installing them.

But when I order bearings I am usually ordering others too. This is my last bearing order with 3 day USPS priority shipping out of Memphis, TN.

1664884362786.png
So the actually cost on this order for the 6 ea CSA205-16 was $33.96 with the shipping on the above order divided evenly among the 32 bearings. So PT with the right bearing supplier your cost can be lower especially when you are in business of repairs with Business and Sale Tax licenses.

I just did a Hustler Super Z where the bearings are inverted when compared the Gravely, Yazoo, and Husqvarna spindles that I done this year.

Crosses for the RA100RR bearing.
1664884273479.png

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Because you throw away the locking collar and use the bearing. The bearing has a flange on the side that the locking collar uses to secure the bearings, but without the locking collar some companies use the flange as a bearing spacer. Some Dixon spindles use the same bearing.

Where I'm at now, south central Arkansas, it's gravely country. Little tidbits of info like that, and what the others have posted are going to be a lot of help. Thanks.

And @StarTech too.