Grasshopper Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

grasshopper721d

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply, That's interesting using it in the yard I live along a paved street on a hill where they spread a lot of gravel then plow that gravel into the yard the next snow, I have to rake every spring I really like the idea of the broom for that problem.

I have a sweepster from back in the 70's that come off a John Deere lawn tractor, I picked it up very reasonable but have never tried to fabricate a Grasshopper mount. Maybe I should sell it to a J.D. guy and buy a news one with the right mount.

If it were me, I'd trade the JD broom. Lots of JD owners around that would snap it right up. If you modify it to fit the GH, you've ruined its value. Best to sell it and exchange its value for a Sweepster with GH mount.

Gratex

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought my 2013 Grasshopper 52" Duramax Mid-mount and rear discharge mower from an auction. First zero-turn! Hoping to get all the kinks ironed out....

Reubenjet

Threads
Geetings!

I am a new owner of an "Old" Grasshopper. I just bought a 2004, 225/61 (my avatar) that was under the deck of a widow-lady's house for 5 years. Her husband passed and the mower has not been run since. I am currently "fixing" her up and will be posting for help. I love Grasshoppers but have never been able to afford one. I have had John Deere's all my life and decided to upgrade in order to save my valuable time when I cut. I live in Hawkinsville, GA and work in Pinehurst, GA. I work for a Case IH dealer and we also sell Grasshopper mowers. I look forward to corresponding with fellow GH owners!

--Reubenjet

Punjiusa

Forum Newbie
Threads
:newhere:Hi folks! I am a retired GM (Delphi) Electrician and a disabled veteran. I have 4 acres and have a bit of a problem with wet grounds. I moved here 19 years ago and have owned several mowers, with the last prior one being a Bobcat. Until I purchased my Grasshopper 725D T6, I had about given up on ZTR mowers. It didn't take long to realize there is just no comparison between a Grasshopper and any other ZTR mowers! The traction and control in wet areas and uneven ground is simply head and shoulders above anything else I have tried. The front mount deck makes it much easier to control how close you can get to obstacles. With a little practice you can do a fantastic job and really fast too. The Kubota diesel also is nearly impossible to stall in high and/or wet grass, way better than my previous mower, even though it was rated 5 hp more. I wish I had bought this Grasshopper long ago! I also am quite impressed with how easy it is to clean and maintain.:thumbsup::drink: I do have one tip for owners of ANY mower. To make it far easier to clean the deck after mowing, before each use after cleaning, spray all the underside areas of the deck with WD40. You'll be amazed at how little build-up of clippings there will be. Also, for touch-up paint, Krylon Dual Super Bond #8802 Gloss Almond is a near-perfect match for the sheet metal parts, and Krylon Dual Super Bond #8812 Gloss Leather Brown is a near match all the other painted parts. I haven't had any problems yet, but from what I've seen here, I know where to come when I do!:thumbsup:

NathanKY

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All-

2009 Grasshopper 727T6 owner here. Ive had the mower for a few years and its been a decent rig. I'm just north of Louisville KY and have about a 10 acre property. I also assist in maintaining a large 600+ acre farm. Currently a facility operations manager and manage a large private equipment fleet. I'm looking forward to taking part in the forums, get some great tech info and contribute as much as I can also!

jerryshenk

Threads
I got a Grasshopper 618 with an SL52 deck in July to replace my Troy-Bilt mower. I got the Troy-Bilt when we moved here 7 years ago...I hoped I would get 3-4 years out of it...it did ok, definitely not disappointed. It's showing some age...ok, it's about beat;) It's a bigyard with LOTS of trees and I thought the front-mount deck zero-turn would be a better option. I just got a 412 snowblower for it...hoping for a chance to really test it out this winter. I've never had a snowblower before - the small ones seemed like more work than shoveling and the big ones are too expensive so, I got a used monster blower;)...at least it seems like a monster to me....I think it can get the job done.

20171031_083149.jpg

vonfatman

Forum Newbie
Threads
howdy, i'm bob from the kcmo area. my first zero-turn was an ariens mid-mount...loved the zero turn feature....did not like the ride...rough.
next zero-turn was a 725k grasshopper. purchased new. a great unit. i was wanting more torque (i mow a bunch of trails on our farm etc...) so i sold my 725k and bought a used 2004 model 722d2. it has those big g2 drives and a 3 cyl. kubota diesel. great machine. i'm sold on grasshoppers. love the power-fold deck, suspension seat etc... i also have a 480 snow/lite material blade as well as a 60" drift-buster snow blower.

if i ever buy another grasshopper, it will be a 900 series with diesel....but 20k is a lot of coin!!

bob

Ozark5179

Forum Newbie
Threads
howdy, i'm bob from the kcmo area. my first zero-turn was an ariens mid-mount...loved the zero turn feature....did not like the ride...rough....if i ever buy another grasshopper, it will be a 900 series with diesel....but 20k is a lot of coin!!

bob

Bob: AMEN! I've had a GHopper 223 mid-mount for 8 years on my slope-y 3 acres. LOVE IT ... now that I'm really old :laughing: I've been shopping for a 900 series front mount diesel on Craigs list for over a year.

Just bought a used 925D front mount Kubota diesel yesterday for $5K with a massive 71" power lift deck from an 80 year old man about 90 miles away with only 1100 hours! I'm IN LOVE! I hear ya' man!

vonfatman

Forum Newbie
Threads
wow, you got a DEAL!!! congrats!!!

my 722d has a clutch or clutch switch issue, mower won't come on.
taking it in to the dealer tomorrow. it has 900+ hours so i am not surprised.

bob

dreemail

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Forum-

I live on 15 acres in Texas and just bought a 725DT6 Grasshopper. I would like to use forum to find tips and tricks and up my Lawn (field) mowing skills. Thank you all ahead of time!

Mike D.