Grasshopper Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

negcash

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a used woods 5215 (1992?) From what I can tell it is a grasshopper 721D It has the 722 diesel engine 61" deck, and need (needed) some work. The frame inbetween the hydrastats was broke so i had to disassemble it to weld it back together. I replaced a leaky seal and 0-ring on the hydrostats (771 gemini) while I had it out. It is very used (bought from golf course) with 2800 hours on it. Runs good, newish tires, needs a battery, and some more tlc.

I got the mower/deck along with a good seat (couple years old) a couple extra new spindles some old quick disconnect pto shafts for the driveline. I paid $200 for the mower and figure I will have $400 and 15 hours in it by the time I have it up to par with new fluids/battery and all the little stuff.

Not that I really needed it for 3/4 of an acre (does have 50 trees or so), but I figured for the price I couldn't go to wrong.

I'll try to get some pics later
Brian
I do about 500 hours a year on a 2010 721D, 61" front mount ( 100 acre Christmas tree farm ) and the only thing I've had to replace is maintenance items, belts, blades, tires....I believe one of the reasons it gets so many hours is because it's so darn comfortable and you just can't beat a front mount ZTR. It has about 2000 hours on it, I do need to replace the Actuator for raising the deck if anyone has an inexpensive line on any.

drummer091857

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all. I'm a newbie here but look forward to becoming active in the forums. I started L&M Lawn Care LLC in 2011 with a new 729BT that includes a powerlift 61" deck, mulch kit, electric dump vac system and dethatcher. As for my other equipment, Stihl has been the company of choice. A little pricey but well worth the extra money. I hope I can be of assistance sometime and thanks for having me.

bobojay

Forum Newbie
Threads
First post here. 2004, (10 yrs old in 2 months), 225 Zero Turn w/52" deck. 470 hrs, usually filthy dirty with mud splash because of a wet low yard, even in summer

edporch

Threads
Hi,
Thursday 4/10 I bought a used 2008 Grasshooper model 727T with 61" deck and 460 hours.
Will be picking it up in the next few days.
Though I've used a Grasshopper before, this is the first one I've ever owned.

edporch

Threads
Hi,
Thursday 4/10 I bought a used 2008 Grasshooper model 727T with 61" deck and 460 hours.
Will be picking it up in the next few days.
Though I've used a Grasshopper before, this is the first one I've ever owned.

Correction, I got a Model 727K T6.
Picked it up yesterday, and it's in great shape!
Talked to some people who know the previous owner and they said if he owned it, it was sure to well taken care of.
Am happy with my choice.

Ammo Dave

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello folks!
Checking in from Georgia. Good to find such a forum, as I am having an issue with my Grasshopper and hopefully can get it squared away with the knowledge that is on this forum!

OUTDOOR CONCEPTS

Threads
Whats the problem with the Grasshopper?

mrbill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all!

Picked up a used 2005 220 with 2100hrs at a city auction today, and think I got a good deal. Appears to be well taken care of. All fluids clean and full with new filters everywhere except air, and it is pretty clean.

Starts easy, runs great, drives great.

Only things I can find wrong with it are that the hydro drive belt will need replaced fairly soon, and the clutch for the blades is not engaging.

Will do some searching for a resolution to this issue. I've checked the pull switch and it seems to be functioning as it kills the engine if the seat sensor is not activated.

Anyways, I'm excited to get mowing with this, as it will be my first ZTR and I have about an acre of lawn that is odd shaped with lots of trees and another acre of open space partially in orchard/ pasture grass.

Happy mowing!

kc kid

Forum Newbie
Threads
I live on 80 acres in Kansas. I just play on it I say play I have 3 cats and 1 dog for my livestock. I mow about 5 acres with my 1822 grasshopper. My grasshopper is old and I have been throwing a lot of $ at my mower every season but my left wheel locked up last week and I think I will just bite the bullet and purchase a Dixie Chopper. I really like my grasshopper but I think it is time for a change and I like to go fast in everything I do.