Grass and dirt covers operator

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I see 50” decal on the deck and 75742 model on your registration card. Please find the ID tag on the mower and see if those numbers are the same. Second, from the other picture I can see what you are talking about. I’ve got to run a few errands now, but I’ll get back to you with a few suggestions this afternoon. Am I correct in assuming your cutting conditions include sandy soil, uneven ground and areas of overgrown vegetation? Let me know about those numbers.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Probably mowing more dirt than grass.

Just looked at your picture. See some dirt action going on.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, I do know about how to adjust Toro mowers, I’ve worked at Toro dealerships since the early 80’s. If you think these are hard, try doing a Toro commercial 60 inch with a fabricated deck
I didn’t say it was hard. I’m saying that there is not a lot of adjustment on the entry level Timecutter mowers. If you run out of adjustment on the left side, you are pretty well screwed. Because, there is no adjustment on the right side. The best I could do on my former MX5000 was 1/4” from left to right. The Timecutter HD and Titans have a lot more adjustment and it’s as easy as can be. I loved the chain setup on my 75202.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I agree, that is definitely not a model 75742. Need to hear back from the OP. Would like to know which model he was expecting to purchase and what he paid for it. There are a few unanswered questions here. To the OP, can you provide us with a few pictures of the landscape you are cutting?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I stand corrected! Well, it looks like Toro has upgraded their deck leveling system since 2018. My former 2018 MX 5000 only had 2 points of adjustment. I guess that they got enough complaints that they changed the setup. Sometime between 2018 and now, they changed the hanger system and added an adjustment to the right side of the deck. They now have three adjustment point instead of two. Anyway, follow the operators manual on adjustment. Put the anti-scalp wheels in the top hole. Make sure the tires are properly inflated before beginning your adjustment.
I still have a pair of 2 5/8” 2x4s and a pair of 2 7/8” 2x4s.
The Timecutter HD and Titan models have chain hung decks and are much easier to adjust.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I recommend you not touch this unit until you figure out if you have the unit you purchased and how it was set up. With that amount of debris there may be more problems. Plus you may not have the correct owners manual.

Coxfarm1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I agree, that is definitely not a model 75742. Need to hear back from the OP. Would like to know which model he was expecting to purchase and what he paid for it. There are a few unanswered questions here. To the OP, can you provide us with a few pictures of the landscape you are cutting?
I just got back from Home depot and they gave me the right Operators Manual. Attached is the Model & Serial numbers from the frame of the mower. I attached a couple of pictures of our yard. I had to reduce the file size and converted them to pdf's. Under a few trees where it is shaded the grass is not as thick and is dustier than elsewhere. We are also have not had a rain in 2 weeks, but during Jully we had a bout 3 rains a week and still had grass and dirt on me & mower. I am about to read the manual to see how and if I can get the deck in the proper pitch to minimize or eliminate powder coating. There were two Toros available when I purchased it and I wanted the 50" since I do mow quite a bit. So the one I picked is the one I have. I don't know how inventory is where you live, but I searched everywhere in a town of nearly 200k and only found a handfull of zero turns. I couldn't get parts for my Bad Boy or I would have fixed it.

Attachments

• 20210804_131651.jpg
    20210804_131651.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Yard 1.pdf
    106.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Yard 2.pdf
    111.4 KB · Views: 9

Coxfarm1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just got back from Home depot and they gave me the right Operators Manual. Attached is the Model & Serial numbers from the frame of the mower. I attached a couple of pictures of our yard. I had to reduce the file size and converted them to pdf's. Under a few trees where it is shaded the grass is not as thick and is dustier than elsewhere. We are also have not had a rain in 2 weeks, but during Jully we had a bout 3 rains a week and still had grass and dirt on me & mower. I am about to read the manual to see how and if I can get the deck in the proper pitch to minimize or eliminate powder coating. There were two Toros available when I purchased it and I wanted the 50" since I do mow quite a bit. So the one I picked is the one I have. I don't know how inventory is where you live, but I searched everywhere in a town of nearly 200k and only found a handfull of zero turns. I couldn't get parts for my Bad Boy or I would have fixed it.
I forgot to include I paid about 3,600 for the mower.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
@Coxfarm1
After your deck properly leveled, try hitting those spotty areas with a weed eater. That will also help.