Grass and dirt covers operator

Coxfarm1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased the 50" Timeline mower in early June, 2021 and although it cuts grass very well, it sprays dirt and grass cuttings all over me when I mow. I don't know if it is because the seat is so low to the ground, but i am covered from head to foot and the foot rest will have at least an inch of debris on it. Also, the blades became dull within a month. I had a Bad-Boy for 14 years and had only periodic dusting during drought conditions, but not grass all over me. Has anyone else experienced these issues?
Thanks for your input in advance.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please double check the model you have, I’ve never heard of a Toro Timeline mower. When you post back include the model and serial numbers.

Coxfarm1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please double check the model you have, I’ve never heard of a Toro Timeline mower. When you post back include the model and serial numbers.
I apologize for incorrect information. The model is a 75742 50" TimeCutter Toro mower with the serial #409478822. Does this give you additional to address my concerns of this mower? Thanks for reply. I should have included this in the thread topic, but I had just walked back in the house covered with dirt and grass and was livid. I should have waited a while before posting.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First, model 75742 is a 42” TimeCutter, not 50”. Second, did you have a dealer setup the mower for you, or was it purchased at a big box store, where you were responsible for setup. I’ve never run across a TimeCutter blowing the amount of debris you described on the operator. I‘m wondering if the deck was leveled properly. Please answer while I see if I can find a manual.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes my thoughts as well, having had a great Toro Timecutter 4260 for about 7 years.

I got mine thru my Dealer, but I still set the deck myself to be sure it was accurate to the height setting. And mine had a rubber Toro® mat on the floor board, which kept it nice & clean for me. That mower never gave me any issue to complain about.FB 1.JPG

Last edited:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
You are probably getting blowout from the deck being higher in the front than the rear. Adjust you deck according to the operators manual. The deck needs to be 1/4” lower in the front. That shouldn’t be too hard. The adjustment rod is right up front and center of the mower. Good luck getting it level from side to side. I had a MX 5000 and could never get it level from side to side.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Six things which must be considered when leveling a deck.
1. Tires pressures must be correct.
2. Good flat surface. Doesn’t have to be level, just flat.
3. Blades are not bent and installed correctly.
4. You are leveling at the blade tips, not the deck frame.
5. You level side to side first, then front to back.
6. Time and patience are your friends, I’ve been doing this for a long time and about once a year I’ll get one that takes me over an hour.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Six things which must be considered when leveling a deck.
1. Tires pressures must be correct.
2. Good flat surface. Doesn’t have to be level, just flat.
3. Blades are not bent and installed correctly.
4. You are leveling at the blade tips, not the deck frame.
5. You level side to side first, then front to back.
6. Time and patience are your friends, I’ve been doing this for a long time and about once a year I’ll get one that takes me over an hour.
I agree however, the Toro in question is the lower end residential mower. There are only two points of deck adjustment on those mowers. One is the rod to adjust the pitch, located on the front centerline of the frame cross member. The other is on the left rear side of the deck, near the hanger.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, I do know about how to adjust Toro mowers, I’ve worked at Toro dealerships since the early 80’s. If you think these are hard, try doing a Toro commercial 60 inch with a fabricated deck

Coxfarm1

Forum Newbie
Threads
First, model 75742 is a 42” TimeCutter, not 50”. Second, did you have a dealer setup the mower for you, or was it purchased at a big box store, where you were responsible for setup. I’ve never run across a TimeCutter blowing the amount of debris you described on the operator. I‘m wondering if the deck was leveled properly. Please answer while I see if I can find a manual.
I purchased the mower at Home Depot. They gave me the paperwork which I submitted for warranty registration. The picture shows the 50" deck and it is a TimeCutter model. This picture is after I swept the majority of the debris off. It covers it from front to back. If the last two digits of the model number are the deck width, it appears they gave me the wrong Operator's manual. I will have to go on line to find a correct operators manual to check the adjustments.

Attachments

• 20210804_082336.jpg
    20210804_082336.jpg
    967.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210804_082851.jpg
    20210804_082851.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 33