Gas Storage?

Smith97454

Threads
Some good stuff I like. Have used Sta Bil, Seafoam and some others

cruzenmike

Threads
I keep 10-15 gallons of E0 on hand at all times. Once the gas gets to be about 6 months old I just put it into my car and refill my containers at the gas station. The thing about using E0 is that the underground tank at the station probably doesn't get filled up nearly as often as the other grades of fuel that they sell. Gasoline containing Ethanol (E10-E15) at the pump will likely be "fresher" than the E0 at that same station.

Up until about 3 years ago, I only used regular 87 without any stabilizer, and for more than 20 years I never had a problem with my small engines (one thing to keep in mind is that I ALWAYS ran my carb dry after each use). I also did the math and if you are good about consuming gas within the window of time that the stabilizer is "effective" it is significantly cheaper than purchasing E0 without any stabilizer. I would think that anyone using both E0 and stabilizer is likely wasting their money; that is if they are using the gas routinely. If you search around you will find that some sources will say that E0 can be stored for upwards of a year. If you plan for long term storage, a good air-tight container that keeps moisture out is likely to go further than any additive that you need to keep putting in periodically. Hasn't anyone ever heard of decade old drums of gasoline being opened and still being "good" enough to use?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
For longer term storage use a metal can at pretty constant temperature. .