Gas Storage?

fritz1255

Threads
Apologies if this topic has been beat to death, but here goes. We store gas over the winter plus we keep an inventory for our generators due to our unreliable power grid. How long does Stabil keep gasoline fresh? Is there another product that works better?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is a double post. I suggest you remove one or the other.

4getgto

Threads
Apologies if this topic has been beat to death, but here goes. We store gas over the winter plus we keep an inventory for our generators due to our unreliable power grid. How long does Stabil keep gasoline fresh? Is there another product that works better?
I always keep 10-15 gallons of gas with Stabil added over the winter with no ill effects. Use a little Star Tron too on occasion. Works for me.. So probably stored at least 3-4 months. Keep it around for generator use if needed. I'll rotate it if I can but if not it sits.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Be careful using the sta-bil, once opened it only has 1 year shelf life. Read it on the bottle.

Now Seafoam* can stabilize gas for 2 years, & remain good in the opened can forever.

4getgto

Threads
Be careful using the sta-bil, once opened it only has 1 year shelf life. Read it on the bottle.

Now Seafoam* can stabilize gas for 2 years, & remain good in the opened can forever.
Yea Sta-bil does say it has a shelf life. I use it year round regardless if it's being stored or now. Even use it 2 cars that I stored in the winter. If I find its not being used quick enough I dump the older Sta-bil in one of the everyday drivers. So it never really goes to waste for me.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good, I just wanted to let anyone know about Sta-Bil expiration date, in case they did NOT know.

mikehouse

Threads
Personally,i like Seafoam.