Funny picture thread

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pretty sure there were riders way before '63. Had a 4 hp motor and handlebar steering, tractor style seat. Hustler? I'm thinking Wheel Horse?

This is the one I'm thinking of:

56 springfield mower.jpg

Last edited:

logert gogert

Threads
Pretty sure there were riders way before '63. Had a 4 hp motor and handlebar steering, tractor style seat. Hustler? I'm thinking Wheel Horse?

This is the one I'm thinking of:

View attachment 54349
single speeds?
and also, those thing smust be turds because 4hp?!?!?!
and i know htose things weighed a ton, and with 4hp you would think it would berely cut....right?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Down here Rover made several ride ons with push mower engines and a cut up to 28"
Stiga in the EU make a ride on with bagger that runs a 140cc Briggs, also sold as Castle Garden & Mountfield
Very common for reel mower fitted with a 4 Hp engine to come with a sulky over a 100lb roller back in the days when we planted finer softer grasses like couch

4getgto

Threads
single speeds?
and also, those thing smust be turds because 4hp?!?!?!
and i know htose things weighed a ton, and with 4hp you would think it would berely cut....right?
The guys back in the 50's and 60's would have loved it then...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
According to the Smokstac forum that mower was probably built by the Quick Manufacturing Co. around 1957 for either Rugg or Springfield.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
The guys back in the 50's and 60's would have loved it then...

Variable speed drive, two belts and varying pulley, singe blade, 30+/- inch blade. Friction reverse. Yep, beat the heck out of a 20" push mower with 1-1/2 hp Briggs.