Fuel pump losing pulse?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Try loosening the cap when it starts to die.

Also, is the tank higher than the carb? If you disconnect the fuel line at the pump, does the fuel flow? If so, drain it into a can and watch things flow.
Is the tank clean, and the screen clear?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly the impulse signal on a twin is a lot less than the impulse signal on a twin
Twin tank set ups are known for debris getting clogged at the tap.
So get some sort of spare tank, pinch it off your push mower if you have to .
When the mower cuts out slip the alternative tank onto the pump and see what happens
Problem goes away = debris restricting fuel supply to pump.
Alternatively you can blow back through the fuel line with the fuel cap off both tanks really hard
Again problem goes away then debris in the fuel lines
I have taken to fitting fuel filters before the tap on multi tank set up to cure this problem

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As no one has pot an answer to your other post would you be kind enough to go back to it and in the lower right corner there are 3 green words
Report - Edit - Delete
Hit the delete button to remove the thread

In the previous post I forgot to mention, a piece of tissue ear the end of the impulse line will fluter other wise you will need to use a manometer or the redneck wet finger.
If you get off on fuel vapours you can also pop your tounge over it but don't let the kids see you doing it.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Clear filters are nothing but trouble.
I have seen many fine running engines with clear filters that look empty. The problem is when the customer sees the phenomenon. He becomes so fixated on it, that anything that happens, in his mind the fault is fuel starvation, and he spends a whole lot of time and money in that direction.
So I stopped selling the clear ones. They were nothing but trouble.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have seen many fine running engines with clear filters that look empty. The problem is when the customer sees the phenomenon. He becomes so fixated on it, that anything that happens, in his mind the fault is fuel starvation, and he spends a whole lot of time and money in that direction.

I have one cut in half length wise to show where the outlet is and how you get air trapped in the end.
When fitting them vertical I fit them back to front
Even then some twats argue that they can no work backwards
One way paper ?
I bought a gross of the Isreali duel sized ones so it will be a while before I run out.

Threads
Try loosening the cap when it starts to die.

The cap on the fuel tank? I did try that, no change.

Also, is the tank higher than the carb?

The fuel tanks are higher than the carb, yes.

If you disconnect the fuel line at the pump, does the fuel flow? If so, drain it into a can and watch things flow.

If I disconnect the fuel inlet from the pump, gas does flow down into the filter then into the can I use to catch the fuel. It flows pretty fast.

Is the tank clean, and the screen clear?

It appears to be. Hard to get a good look at it but I'll get a better flashlight out tomorrow and look again.

Threads
Firstly the impulse signal on a twin is a lot less than the impulse signal on a twin

This reminds me of a line from the Scott Pilgrim movie... "The movie is much better than the movie..." :LOL: Sorry I don't know what you mean; I only have twins to compare this one to.

Twin tank set ups are known for debris getting clogged at the tap.
So get some sort of spare tank, pinch it off your push mower if you have to .
When the mower cuts out slip the alternative tank onto the pump and see what happens
Problem goes away = debris restricting fuel supply to pump.
Alternatively you can blow back through the fuel line with the fuel cap off both tanks really hard
Again problem goes away then debris in the fuel lines
I have taken to fitting fuel filters before the tap on multi tank set up to cure this problem

Got it. I do have a spare tank from another mower I can use. The more I think about it the more I think this has to be it. I'm correlating the engine warming up with this problem, but it could be that a full fuel line/filter/carb bowl holds just enough fuel to last that long, and it really has nothing to do with the engine temp.

I've taken tomorrow off so I can devote some time to this beast. It will NOT beat me. ?

Threads
As no one has pot an answer to your other post would you be kind enough to go back to it and in the lower right corner there are 3 green words
Report - Edit - Delete
Hit the delete button to remove the thread

Sorry, I only see "Report Edit"

Threads

Oh, I see. Yes, I can see how that can happen. A trickle of fuel can flow right through the filter undetected and allow the motor to run fine.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't know if it is what is happening in your case, but many folks make an observation of something, and immediately make it in their mind that the problem is there, and have a hard time looking elsewhere.
So the engine runs fine until the engine gets hot?