Front wheel play

CLStout

Well-Known Member
This is on a model 936042. The front wheels are tight on the axles, but there's lots of room to slide back and forth. Should it be tighter? Seems like about 3/4" of travel on both wheels. When I bought this lawn tractor, some things were not assembled correctly, such as no thrust washers on the spindles below the bushings. Did they leave something else out? I noticed this when I had the wheels off to replace the tires.

Thanks
 
Imagine you are holding either end of the cross member in your hands
If both hands can go back & forth, that is normal
If one hand goes u & the other goes down this is normal
if your wrists twist while this is happening then this is wear
If one hand goes foreward while the other goes back that also is wear
Because of the slope in the king pin the upper & lower plastic bushes do wear so require replacement as do the wheel bushes.
 
Imagine you are holding either end of the cross member in your hands
If both hands can go back & forth, that is normal
If one hand goes u & the other goes down this is normal
if your wrists twist while this is happening then this is wear
If one hand goes foreward while the other goes back that also is wear
Because of the slope in the king pin the upper & lower plastic bushes do wear so require replacement as do the wheel bushes.
Are we talking about the same thing? I'm asking about the wheels where they ride on the steering spindles. I'm sorry if I don't understand what you mean. I have replacement bushings for the king pins. The wheels slide back and forth on the portion of the steering spindles they ride on. They slide approximately 3/4".
 
It's definitely missing those. Is this something I can pick up at a hardware store? In fact, it's missing the item 6, as well.
 
Items 13 are an odd size and I have yet to find a hardware store with anything like them on the OD. They are .25/32 X 1 1/4 X 16 Ga. Now item 6 you might find as it is 3/4 id x 1 od.

Tip these are the same ones used on Husqvarna mowers so your local Husqvarna dealer would have them if their brains are working.
 
Lol, if their brains are working? I don't know where the local Husqvarna dealer is. Stores like Tractor Supply and Family Farm and Home sell Husqvarna. I don't know if they are considered a dealer.
 
I drill out standard washer to fit over the axels & inside the cup or dust cap .
Do not be tempted to make the wheel too tight .
Most brand new ones are around 1/8" free play along the axel
 
Back
Top