First year:)

jay stortini

Threads
Still going through a learning curve:)

Showing up at clients to mow grass and there lawn is covered in leafs:/ threw the bag on my lawn mower and it pretty much filled my truck like 10 bags. What are some thoughts on this?
Thanks
Jay

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

BHLC

Threads
Mulch them. They're not paying for you to pick them up.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Explain to them the extra charge for clean up. Charge small but don't go broke. If they don't don't wanna pay then either mulch it or skip it. It's not worth it to work extra time and energy for no extra money

jay stortini

Threads
So do you guys use your lawn mower to bag them if your not mulching? Or do you take extra time and rake and bag?
Thanks
Jay

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
So do you guys use your lawn mower to bag them if your not mulching? Or do you take extra time and rake and bag?
Thanks
Jay

I simply rake up the bulk of debris into buckets (tip bucket on side like dust pan) dump bucket into truck. Then now with bag on. Extra charge comes from amount of debris and time it takes to clean

Threads
Thanks
Jay

If there is a lot of them I use my blower (so I don't mess up my mower going through a foot of leaves). If it's less I just bag it with my mower. But remember I can just dump it at the curb.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I blow them away from the house and trees and side discharge with gator blades I keep the chute pointed in one direction and go forward one pass and reverse one pass. Most mowers will mulch better in reverse.
I don't have time to play around and bag Dump. Carry around all day then find a place to dump them. When I did bag a couple of years ago it was a extra $4 per cubic yard or $2 per bag

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
So do you guys use your lawn mower to bag them if your not mulching? Or do you take extra time and rake and bag? Thanks Jay Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Whats a rake? Lol. Just mulch earlier leaf fall. When the ground starts to get covered offer leaf clean up and removal. Charge them, they don't want to do it so they'll pay whatever. Build relationships with your customers and it will pay off.

jay stortini

Threads
Sweet thanks guys!!

Mid TN Lawn

Threads
Still going through a learning curve:) Showing up at clients to mow grass and there lawn is covered in leafs:/ threw the bag on my lawn mower and it pretty much filled my truck like 10 bags. What are some thoughts on this? Thanks Jay Sent from my iPhone using LMF
I handle leaves several different ways some customers I just keep coming every week and mulching them with mower at regular mowing rate. Others I bag them after all have fallen (mulch up first) and charge them about 3x mowing cost and have some people that just cannot afford anything so any that fall after last mowing just lay all winter. You might read what I gave them this year copy is on my website under frequent questions asked. www.midtnlawn.com
Just ask each customer how they want to handle it.