First time buyer advice

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Whatever one u get since u don't wanna probably service your so I would get one and a place to get it serviced easy :thumbsup::thumbsup::smile:

Threads
Whatever one u get since u don't wanna probably service your so I would get one and a place to get it serviced easy :thumbsup::thumbsup::smile:

I agree! A.k.a. a dealer that you can trust and you have good relationships/experiences with. :thumbsup:

scott47429

Threads
i agree here also the best way to avoid problems right off is to avoid the big box stores no matter what brand they sell they dont do the service work on them so buy from a dealer

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just my opinion but I'd stay away from the Cub Cadet Z Force S 48" because it's running the EZT drive units and they don't hold up well under a lot of use.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just my opinion but I'd stay away from the Cub Cadet Z Force S 48" because it's running the EZT drive units and they don't hold up well under a lot of use.
Ric,

I did notice that the Commercial Z-Force has the Hydro-Gear ZT-2800 trannies. Are those really considered "commercial" drives. I know they would definitely be a step up from the EZT's(which I don't believe have servicable spin-on oil filters), but most of the "commercial" ZTR's I looked at usually sported the ZT-3100 or ZT-3400 Hydrogear trannies. Again, though, for < $5,000 for a 48" the Z-Force is still a "best buy" compared to similar ZTR's.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric,

I did notice that the Commercial Z-Force has the Hydro-Gear ZT-2800 trannies. Are those really considered "commercial" drives. I know they would definitely be a step up from the EZT's(which I don't believe have servicable spin-on oil filters), but most of the "commercial" ZTR's I looked at usually sported the ZT-3100 or ZT-3400 Hydrogear trannies. Again, though, for < $5,000 for a 48" the Z-Force is still a "best buy" compared to similar ZTR's.

The 2800 is really considered to be a residential unit, but it and the 3100 both use the 10cc piston pumps and 16cc piston motors and the same 1" shaft. There basically the same units differences being the 3100 has a couple of added safety features for greater durability supposedly.
It's not until you reach the 3400 that you really start seeing the differences, you move up to different size piston pumps (12cc) and the 1.125" shaft. the 3400 even uses the 16cc piston motors.
Buying a 2800 vs a 3100 or 3400 is like going to a car lot and looking at the Ford F 150, three in the same row all with different prices but they all have the same motor, same rear end, all look the same but one may have a Tach, the other vinyl vs clothe, it's what ever you want.
The Z Force 48" runs the 2800 drives and I've never had an issue with the mower or drives and I have over 600hrs of use in two years. For $4199 you can't beat the mower.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
The 2800 is really considered to be a residential unit, but it and the 3100 both use the 10cc piston pumps and 16cc piston motors and the same 1" shaft. There basically the same units differences being the 3100 has a couple of added safety features for greater durability supposedly.
It's not until you reach the 3400 that you really start seeing the differences, you move up to different size piston pumps (12cc) and the 1.125" shaft. the 3400 even uses the 16cc piston motors.
Buying a 2800 vs a 3100 or 3400 is like going to a car lot and looking at the Ford F 150, three in the same row all with different prices but they all have the same motor, same rear end, all look the same but one may have a Tach, the other vinyl vs clothe, it's what ever you want.
The Z Force 48" runs the 2800 drives and I've never had an issue with the mower or drives and I have over 600hrs of use in two years. For $4199 you can't beat the mower.
Ric,
Sorry to keep getting off the original thread's subject, but I would expect with that many hours you have serviced(or have had serviced by a dealer) the oil/filter change on those Hydro-gear trannies a couple of times. Did you do it yourself or let the dealer. Reading about the "purge" procedure(and with my lack of experience with this kind of equipment) I'm a little leary of attempting a do-it-yourself on that maintenance even though I'm sure it would save some money. Of course my Gravely is still brand new and I've got a while before I need to worry about that. But what do you recommend on servicing the trannies?

edd

Threads
you wont go wrong with a toro timecutter.....bought a 50 inch 23 horse timecutter 4 years ago and have put about 500 hrs on it with no problem at all......i am impressed with toro