Exmark 2blade 48" cut- Exmark brand motor (24hp)

500 hours? Have the valves been adjusted? Initial adjustment should have been done at 300 hours.
Thats!!! What me and my small engine pal discussed... i assume dealer did it during troubleshooting but the report i just got emailed doesnt reflect such....isnt valve lash on these motors 10 minutes tops?
 
i thought there was may be some seconday failsafe system shutdown circuit...
Doubtful.

I researched this last year. My mower has a Kohler Confidant EFI engine, which is commercial. I've had problems with it, so I've looked through the service manual quite a bit. I found that it has the option of an oil pressure switch, but MTD in their infinite wisdom, decided not to opt for this $5 part on an engine for a commercial mower. I also found that my engine harness had the connector for the OP switch, so I added the switch. I was hoping that this would kill the engine in the event of loss of oil pressure. According to Grok, that's not the case. Such a feature is found only on engines that run unattended, like generators or water pumps. On mower engines, this switch will only prevent it from starting if there's no oil pressure. I guess that's something. I can also wire up the OP switch to a warning light, which I may do. I also found out that the EFI system on my engine can put the engine in a "limp home" mode if it overheats. This mode results in a big drop in power, and black smoke belching from the exhaust, I think due to the EFI system dumping fuel into the cylinders to cool them. Is this engine fuel injected? If so, Loncin may use a different method to protect the engine. If it's a carb'ed engine, then I seriously doubt that it has any such protection system.
 
Doubtful.

I researched this last year. My mower has a Kohler Confidant EFI engine, which is commercial. I've had problems with it, so I've looked through the service manual quite a bit. I found that it has the option of an oil pressure switch, but MTD in their infinite wisdom, decided not to opt for this $5 part on an engine for a commercial mower. I also found that my engine harness had the connector for the OP switch, so I added the switch. I was hoping that this would kill the engine in the event of loss of oil pressure. According to Grok, that's not the case. Such a feature is found only on engines that run unattended, like generators or water pumps. On mower engines, this switch will only prevent it from starting if there's no oil pressure. I guess that's something. I can also wire up the OP switch to a warning light, which I may do. I also found out that the EFI system on my engine can put the engine in a "limp home" mode if it overheats. This mode results in a big drop in power, and black smoke belching from the exhaust, I think due to the EFI system dumping fuel into the cylinders to cool them. Is this engine fuel injected? If so, Loncin may use a different method to protect the engine. If it's a carb'ed engine, then I seriously doubt that it has any such protection system.
Carb and i agree mpt likely
I was more hoping some 1 would chime in woth first handle knowledge...

The blown motor, head gasket, timing
Dont add up to runs gr8 till hot then shuts down only whilenunder pto load
 
Back
Top