Exmark 2blade 48" cut- Exmark brand motor (24hp)

Scolabird

Forum Newbie
Mower has ran great til 390 hours.suddenly instantly shuts down when mowing. It took about 1 or 2 hours of use before it started having this issue. I took to dealer and got run around for weeks couldnt recreate issue. I replaced coils/plugs/fuel pump fuel filter..... same problem :/

Called exmark area manager who said goto a different dealer half hour from your home and they will resolve this.

They did! Within 2 days they replaced pto switch, mowing side wire harness,(not engine side harness) and the pto clutch. I had no trouble since then and 150 more hours and one hot day after about 1.5acre mowed it shut down while active mowing.

I started cheap... coils,plugs,fuel pump,fuel filter, same trouble...

My question to yall is, would one of the 3 parts replaced by dealer be your likely culprit? I am out of warranty and will have to handle this myself :/ would like to save as much $$ as possible not throw too many more parts at this thing... any help appreciated
 
How long between getting back from the dealer and problem reoccurring? Whe it shuts down have you checked for both spark and fuel? Post engine numbers so we can see what you have.
 
How long between getting back from the dealer and problem reoccurring? Whe it shuts down have you checked for both spark and fuel? Post engine numbers so we can see what you have.
The intermittent-ness is the problem once it dies ... and i hop off n check fuel its good. I check spark, and it seems fine. Yet something is causing a random and immediate shut down. Doesn' t actually remind me of a fuel restriction, as when it dies it will only do it when blades are engaged and IMMEDIATELY! NO SPUTTERING!

I WILL GET MODEL # ETC... BUT NOT AT THE MOWER RIGHT NOW.

ASSUMING ITS SPARK/ KILL CIRCUIT RELEATED do ANY 1 OF THE DEALER REPLACED PARTS SOUnd more accurate than another, to yall??
 
You may want to take it back to the dealership that fixed it.
If it's the Exmark that I think it is, it's just a dolled up Toro Timecutter. They have that dumb reverse/brake switch box that can mess up and cause all sorts of problems. They also use the cheapest safety switches that can be found.
Take it back to the preferred dealer.
 
How long between getting back from the dealer and problem reoccurring? Whe it shuts down have you checked for both spark and fuel? Post engine numbers so we can see what you have.
Had it back say a year or so :/ dealer says im out of warranty, oof. 708cc engine.
 

Attachments

  • 20261005_150941.jpg
    20261005_150941.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20261005_150946.jpg
    20261005_150946.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Back
Top