EO-90 gas question

shurguywutt

Threads
At least half the gas stations around me supply Rec90 fuel which is ethanol free. I mix it with 1oz TC-W3 smokeless two-stroke oil, and 2oz of Startron per 5 gallons (my secret recipe, you're welcome). This gas stays good for a long time, I prefer to use it in all my small engines, but I will switch to Reg87 if I have to run my generator for a long time. I have no problem with 87 if it gets used quickly, because it's crap.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
At least half the gas stations around me supply Rec90 fuel which is ethanol free. I mix it with 1oz TC-W3 smokeless two-stroke oil, and 2oz of Startron per 5 gallons (my secret recipe, you're welcome). This gas stays good for a long time, I prefer to use it in all my small engines, but I will switch to Reg87 if I have to run my generator for a long time. I have no problem with 87 if it gets used quickly, because it's crap.
If you are using that mix in your 2 Stoke engines, you are coming up way short for a 50:1 mix.
I use a dedicated mix for my 2 Stroke equipment. I use such a small amount of 2 Stroke mix so, I just buy the canned premixed stuff.

Last edited:

shurguywutt

Threads
If you are using that mix in your 2 Stoke engines, you are coming up way short for a 50:1 mix.
I use a dedicated mix for my 2 Stroke equipment. I use such a small amount of 2 Stroke mix so, I just buy the canned premixed stuff.
I add more 2 stoke oil for the 2 strokes. I make about a gallon at a time but I have 3 machines that use it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It quite simple to test the gasoline yourself for the amount of ethanol. Using a test tube that has at least 125 ml capacity add 25 ml of water then add 100 ml of the gasoline to tested. Seal and shake up contents to mix and set aside for a few minutes. The water and if ethanol present will combine and settle to the bottom of the test tube. Anything over the 25 ml is the ethanol present. Say you now have 35mL present settle out, that would mean 10 ml (10%). If you want a more accurate reading use a test tube that is 250 ml and double the amounts then divide amount over the 50 ml of water to get the percentage of ethanol. In the above example a 10% reading would 20 ml over the 50 ml of test water

Now the key to using Ethanol fuel blends is to keep the fuel is sealed containers when stored. Ethanol will absorb water directly from air which is why a seal container is needed. It is note that most of the carburetors are vented to the atmosphere that can be a problem with long storage of equipment.