Engine vibrates when idling.

LaWn GuY

Threads
I finally got everything running good but the only problem is the engine vibrates when idling If I speed It up a little It goes away.

gfp55

Threads
I finally got everything running good but the only problem is the engine vibrates when idling If I speed It up a little It goes away.

You posted on another thread that a magnet came off the flywheel right? If its still off so is the balance of the flywheel. The flywheel was balanced when new and without the magnet weight the flywheel is off balance. If you have your tires on your car balanced and one of the weights comes off, your wheel/tire is now out of balance and you car vibrates. But if you replaced the flywheel with the missing magnet with a different one then you have another problem. Did you do that? Correction; If you replace the flywheel with a good flywheel and you still have a vibration then you have another problem. ;End Correction

Last edited:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Maybe we could do a raffle and get this boy a good ole Briggs????

LaWn GuY

Threads
I took the broken magnet of and put everything back together It was the magnet for the alternator not they ignition coil.

gfp55

Threads
I took the broken magnet of and put everything back together It was the magnet for the alternator not they ignition coil.

Did you remove the flywheel? Did the magnet come off the inside of the flywheel? Do you have a picture of the magnet?

LaWn GuY

Threads
The magnet came from inside the flywheel the old magnet was split so I just took it off.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Go ahead and throw a bunch of time in this one!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Gets old after a while!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you remove the flywheel? Did the magnet come off the inside of the flywheel? Do you have a picture of the magnet?

We likely agree almost all of the time........