Engine Surges/Falters Under Load

YATZHEE!

Tried checked gap, was fine. Maybe a SMIDGE loose with the checker but not worth messing with. Tried your procedure for tuning with old carb Rivets. No dice so I threw new real OEM carb in there. No problem with pull beckon startup, so was instantly excited. Ran through he tuning procedure, and voila! It idles smooth, runs FFB no problem. Gorgeous.

Lesson for anyone else that reads this far: you get what you pay for with those cheap Chinese knockoff carbs.

Thanks again to everyone that helped. Fired up!
 
We appreciate that you are letting us know about you success, most posters aren't that nice. Please make sure that you drain all the fuel from the float bowl at the end of the season, so you won't start next season with the same problem.
 
Oh you know it. Got at least a month before I'm willing to risk putting it away though. This is still Hoth, I mean Buffalo :)
 
Back
Top