engine rpms waaaaay too high...governer issue?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
StarTech said what I have said many times you are just guessing. Remember we have been around the block more than once and can tell when people don’t have a clue what they are talking about. You’ve show your inexperience many times by what and how you post, so it is easy to see your age and knowledge. I have told you more than once “Don’t assume you know what’s happening “. I’ll add this one which I would use in my classroom, “Engage brain first, then open mouth, in that order”.

logert gogert

Threads
StarTech said what I have said many times you are just guessing. Remember we have been around the block more than once and can tell when people don’t have a clue what they are talking about. You’ve show your inexperience many times by what and how you post, so it is easy to see your age and knowledge. I have told you more than once “Don’t assume you know what’s happening “. I’ll add this one which I would use in my classroom, “Engage brain first, then open mouth, in that order”.
yes sir.

logert gogert

Threads
alright guys, bad news and good news

bad news, we couldn't go shooting today because turns out they didn't have any shells.......wtf. and we can't get any at bass pro or something because there is a 10 person rule at a time, and the lines are hella long.

good news, i can work on my mower, speaking of that i went out earlier and tested to say if i had a leak on the manifold, and i didn't have a leak, so what next?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First go online and find info on how different governor systems work. Read it carefully many times until you understand each style. Second, open the Briggs manual and read the section on governors until you understand how this system works and can be adjusted. Skip the videos until you have done steps 1 & 2, they won’t help you much until you have a good solid base to start with. If you don’t want to do this, you can continue to show your inexperience and continue to guess at a solution.

logert gogert

Threads
If you don’t want to do this, you can continue to show your inexperience and continue to guess at a solution.
don't worry, I'm not lazy like that, i will do exactly what you say. thank you rivets :)

and also, I'm sorry for all the arguments me and you have had in the past, and now i understand/see how ignorant and how much of an a$$hole i was, and i wanna apologize, and i hope i never have bad blood with you, and i hope we have a good friendship for now on.
thank you

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How you act on this forum will dictate what happens in the future. The ball is in your court.

logert gogert

Threads
and following what 7394 said about it might be getting to much air, wouldn't that air issue most likely be due to wrong carb adjustment?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you read and understand post #19, sure doesn’t look like you meant it, just words. You asked what do I do next and I told you what to do. Now you don’t follow what I said and go in a different direction.

logert gogert

Threads
Did you read and understand post #19, sure doesn’t look like you meant it, just words. You asked what do I do next and I told you what to do. Now you don’t follow what I said and go in a different direction.
no no....i think you're taking what i said the wrong way, what i meant was 7394 was talking about air, and leaking issues, and you are talking about gov issues.
believe me, I've still been doing what you said

so, since you guys are talking about different things, there is probably 2 things causing this, the gov and more air getting into it.
so i wasnt going in a different direction, i was just asking a question on the 2nd probable issue

logert gogert

Threads
I've found the issue on my mower guys! ..........i think............
i believe my governor on my engine style is the lever style, that is outside of the engine, and what was wrong was it wasn't connected to the spring, and it was open the whole time.
so when i got on the throttle, since the gov was open, it would just rev willy nilly.

just to make sure that was the case, i hooked the spring back up, and started it up, and whala! it revs just fine!