engine rpms waaaaay too high...governer issue?

logert gogert

Threads
my rear engined mower, is revving at 1/4 throttle what it SHOULD rev at full throttle,i think something may be wrong with my governor, i figured this out when i went to cut grass and i turned the engine on, then i went to cut the grass, i slowly moved it up and i went to half throttle and it was revving REALLY high, so i just moved the throttle to what it should be if it was working properly, but i still think it was reviving to high because it drank a little less than a gallon of gas after cutting for 45 min, and the exaughst was orange, what do y'all think is happening??

logert gogert

Threads
i found it on side of road, but I've cut about 3 acres for the time I've had it, and ever since yesterday its been doing it

logert gogert

Threads
on engine:

model: 286707
type: 4029-01
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

code: 96060ZB
^
i can't tell if its a Z or a 2.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

on frame:

model: 5655
serial: 3001943
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

logert gogert

Threads
thank you, i will do that later today

logert gogert

Threads
ok.....i didn't have time today, i got couple of 1 timers today ( people who ask you to do there yard, but there probably only gonna let you do it once because maybe there mower is broken, they are hurt and they can't do it etc. )
and I've done 1 of my yards today, 2 one timers, and gave this guy a "proposal" on his yard, and then my family and i went to the grandparents of both sides and gave them some food, toilet paper water, etc. because they couldn't go out and get it.

so yeah my days been pretty full, and i won't be able to do it tomorrow either because were going to my familys land to go shooting some targets and clay pigeons all day......

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Now I know you trying to be. A Jack of all Trades and the Master of None. Stick one or the other but don't try to do both or more at the same time. Don't have too many irons in the fire at the same time.

Second with you being 13 yrs old I pretty well can bet you don't have a business license, collect and pay sales taxes, or pay self employment income taxes. And you should have at least liabiltiy insurance since you have no idea of what you are doing; just guessing at things.

It called work so family things have to be put aside in order to get it done. Here I put in over 60 hrs a week doing the small engine repairs and don't have time for socializing. The only day I get to myself is Sundays and that is fill with getting groceries, household items, and doing the work around the home. The business has 15 mowers in the shop at various stages of repairs and it is challenge to keep what is being done to each and all the various part orders all awhile working the incoming customers.

QSL