Engine rotation

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
This what dumping equipment looks like. OEMs are making equipment and then not supplying repair parts so the users are having to replaced equipment and just filling up our landfills.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The brand name Remington is just one of those prostitute brands that will license anything from anybody. No support of any kind. Just slap the sticker with the brand name on it and sell it. There is lots of Remington branded junk out there.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And yes I have seeing more junk equipment being sold that is coming into my shop wasting my time.

What consumers are doing to themselves is putting us as repair shop out of business by buying this junk because it cheap to buy. They need to buying quality instead quantity but most of the consuming just see the initial bottom line.

Who can repair a $115 dollar chainsaw when our labor rate is $55/hour or more. Just no way we can spend two plus hours plus parts repairing them. Even when I cut my labor to under an hour it still too costly to repair this junk.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The brand name Remington is just one of those prostitute brands that will license anything from anybody. No support of any kind. Just slap the sticker with the brand name on it and sell it. There is lots of Remington branded junk out there.
Remington power products was purchased by MTD a few years ago. So the Remington branded products that you are seeing at the box stores are just like Troybilt, Cub Cadet etc.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Years ago when Remington arms was in the toilet they started licensing their name to anybody. Is Remington power products an actual company or just a name owned by MTD now to slap a name on the cheapest thing they can have some offshore company build with no support of any kind.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Maybe i could sell my name to MTD..... Scrubcadet 18" chainsaw......

Tinkerer200

Threads
IF you really like the saw and don't want to send it to the land fill, do a little thinking, perhaps you can fabricate a replacement part OR, remove, cut out, shroud and do something simple like attach a scavenged rope spool to the flywheel side if only using occasionally. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Walt Conner

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Years ago when Remington arms was in the toilet they started licensing their name to anybody. Is Remington power products an actual company or just a name owned by MTD now to slap a name on the cheapest thing they can have some offshore company build with no support of any kind.
Most of the products with the Remington name are actual MTD products build in their own MTD or contracted factories. The Remington pushmowers and trimmers may have their own Powermore engines etc. The Remington trimmers are the same units as their Troybilt, Yard Machine units. The Remington chainsaw thing is kind of weird because some of the parts seem to come back to McCulloch even on their units sitting on store shelves now. Now some of that may be due to parts diagram errors, I don't know. Like the part number for a new on the shelf Remington chainsaw bar shows NLA.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
When folks bring in these kind of equipment i have had such a hard time finding parts lists and then parts i tell folks i don't work on them. They can buy a new one for what i would charge to fix it if it needed any parts.