ENGINE OIL

clay45

Threads
I'm a Pennzoil fan but I don't restrict myself to it exclusively. Never had a problem with Fram either. But heck, I used to change my oil every 2000 miles and I used the inexpensive STP filters at WalMart for years. The only oil I ever purchased that I truly could tell the difference in immediately was Shell Fire & Ice. I purchased a case of it in 1977 for 10 cents a quart from a store going out of business. That was $2.40 plus tax. My fuel consumption went from 29mpg down to 18mpg on the highway and my oil was black by 500 miles. The cans were paper with metal ends and you punched the spout in them. I tried Mobil 1 when it came out but my car leaked with it and it was too expensive to keep up with that. I used the last of the Shell Fire & Ice to purge the synthetic from my car and never purchased either one of them since that experience.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm a Pennzoil fan but I don't restrict myself to it exclusively. Never had a problem with Fram either. But heck, I used to change my oil every 2000 miles and I used the inexpensive STP filters at WalMart for years. The only oil I ever purchased that I truly could tell the difference in immediately was Shell Fire & Ice. I purchased a case of it in 1977 for 10 cents a quart from a store going out of business. That was $2.40 plus tax. My fuel consumption went from 29mpg down to 18mpg on the highway and my oil was black by 500 miles. The cans were paper with metal ends and you punched the spout in them. I tried Mobil 1 when it came out but my car leaked with it and it was too expensive to keep up with that. I used the last of the Shell Fire & Ice to purge the synthetic from my car and never purchased either one of them since that experience.

For you young guys this is a oil can spout
image-1564233594.jpg

D

DJlawnboy

This is what is on my zero turn is a Fram ph8170. As you can see these are much better quality than other Fram filters.

Attachments

• image-666752281.jpg
    image-666752281.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 25
  • image-3879376781.jpg
    image-3879376781.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 23

Retiredcarguy

Threads
Valvoline full synthetic for every vehicle, every year. The same for my tractors.

Wix or factory filter depending on availibility.

Fuzzy1

Threads
Oils of the same Grade & type are pretty much all the same ... the only one I won't use is CASTROL, and it has nothing at all to do with their oil ... they sponsor John Force's racing team, and I think he is just about the most obnoxious loud-mouth drag racer in history. He reminds me of Howard Dean ... gets so caught up in what he's saying, he just stalls out and babbles some incoherent vowels !!!