ENGINE OIL

X-man

Threads
Fram has lots of cardboard components instead of metal.

That's exactly why I hate fram with a burning passion.

I agree never run a fram.

Mowers get wix
Trucks get napa gold
85 dodge gets k&n

Mower either gets purolator or wix.

More than likely my Chrysler gets a Mobil One filter. I have to take that to an oil change place so I'm not exactly sure.

D

DJlawnboy

FRAM makes plenty of filters for companies including GM. If you watch some videos they use the same construction as many others. The metal ends making a difference is just an internet myth. A bentley comes out of the factory with cardboard ends on their filter...fact.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The thing with fram filters is they are not good for small engines or any performance engine as they restrict the flow of oil to much.

Most performance engine builders even small engines will void the warranty if you use a fram filter or a k&n air filter without a pre filter.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
The thing with fram filters is they are not good for small engines or any performance engine as they restrict the flow of oil to much.

Most performance engine builders even small engines will void the warranty if you use a fram filter or a k&n air filter without a pre filter.

I just don't like Fram filters.

gfp55

Threads

Fram oil filters are no good. I do think the easy grip stuff on the outside of their filters is a good idea, but the part that counts, the inside is no good.

Bison

Threads
Fram oil filters are no good. I do think the easy grip stuff on the outside of their filters is a good idea, but the part that counts, the inside is no good.
How many engine failures did you have because of a fram filter.???????
I had none in twenty odd years of using fram filters on my 5 GMC diesels with combined mileage well over 1.5 million K.
All these 5 trucks are still in use and running good.:wink: