ELECTRIC ZTR MOWER!

msaeger

Threads
SiO2 said:
Your thinking like its a gasser..out of fuel an BAM, everything stops. Dude, electrics don't work like that. They start to slow down and you know they are low on charge. By switching off the blade motors, you have plenty of juice to get back to charge central.

Happy Trails...
Bruce

That's true of something with lead acid, or nicads but with lion they just die.

SiO2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Code:
but with lion they just die.

Good to know-thanks!

Happy Trails...
Bruce

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Hustler ZEON....an electric zero-turn mower! Pretty cool! :tongue:

Hustler Turf Products - Electric Mowers - ZEON
That is pretty cool that Hustler decided to accommodate EPA employees:0)
I agree, though, for a 42" cut at that price most homeowners would opt for a lot more ZTR in a gas-powered. And I would be curious since the specs state "high blade-tip speed for beautiful quality of cut" as to how fast compared to the 18,000+ fps of other ZTR's. The engine, I noticed, is manufactured by HydroGear so most likely it is very good quality. Who knows...some more R & D and improvements(with more competitive pricing), something like this could eventually replace the residential gas-powered ZTR's. All in all not a bad idea to pursue something like this(especially as gasoline continues to climb in price).

Last edited:
Threads
That is pretty cool that Hustler decided to accommodate EPA employees:0)
I agree, though, for a 42" cut at that price most homeowners would opt for a lot more ZTR in a gas-powered. And I would be curious since the specs state "菱igh blade-tip speed for beautiful quality of cut" as to how fast compared to the 18,000+ fps of other ZTR's. The engine, I noticed, is manufactured by HydroGear so most likely it is very good quality. Who knows...some more R & D and improvements(with more competitive pricing), something like this could eventually replace the residential gas-powered ZTR's. All in all not a bad idea to pursue something like this(especially as gasoline continues to climb in price).

It is an awesome idea, but I think the technology will need to improve a little, so the batteries can last longer.

panabiker

Threads
The $5000 price tag is steep for something that still uses lead-acid batteries. And it can't be used commercially due to the battery even though the construction is claimed to be "commercial quality".

Threads
The $5000 price tag is steep for something that still uses lead-acid batteries. And it can't be used commercially due to the battery even though the construction is claimed to be "commercial quality".

Well you could use it commercially, but you would just run out of battery after the first few lawns! :laughing:

Threads
This is not a ZTR mower, but it's a riding mower that's electric. It's called the Recharge G2. But it costs $2,500. :frown:
recharge G2.jpg (Recharge Mower - Recharge Mower G2 Riding Mower)

I think I would rather buy a larger GAS riding mower because it seems you can get "more for your money".

-------------

And if you don't feel like clicking on the links in my last post (post #17) (Electric riding lawn mower), here are some pics of the mowers I was talking about there.
Mean Green ZTR.jpg (Mean Green Mowers commercial mower)

Mean Green walk-behind.jpg (Walk Behind electric mower)

mullins87

Threads
$5,000 for a 42" mower that will only mow 1 acre per charge?!?!?!?! No thanks. :thumbdown:

Just like everything else electric, if it were less than half the price, it might be something worth looking into.

Threads
$5,000 for a 42" mower that will only mow 1 acre per charge?!?!?!?! No thanks. :thumbdown:

Just like everything else electric, if it were less than half the price, it might be something worth looking into.

Yeah, same here. :thumbdown: