ELECTRIC ZTR MOWER!

txzrider

Threads
I am not surprised there is no buyin for this from the commercial guys. Because there is just no way to use it commercially. I would consider this if it were 3k tops. I am guessing they use std lead acid to reduce the cost as well. I think I am probably their target audience and I have issues with cost(up front purchase price) and future maintenance costs... I have a gas golf cart because it it used very infrequestly and I worried it would eat batteries. I would have the same concern with this mower.

Threads
I am not surprised there is no buyin for this from the commercial guys. Because there is just no way to use it commercially. I would consider this if it were 3k tops. I am guessing they use std lead acid to reduce the cost as well. I think I am probably their target audience and I have issues with cost(up front purchase price) and future maintenance costs... I have a gas golf cart because it it used very infrequestly and I worried it would eat batteries. I would have the same concern with this mower.

There are some lawn care companies that use electric mowers and have solar panels on top of their trucks to charge their equipment, but I am assuming it would probably take longer to charge a ZTR, so it might not be possible.

***See the story here: Carrollton man's lawn service keeps your yard - and the environment - greener | Dallas-Fort Worth Home and Gardening - Lifestyles News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News.

mullins87

Threads
There are some lawn care companies that use electric mowers and have solar panels on top of their trucks to charge their equipment, but I am assuming it would probably take longer to charge a ZTR, so it might not be possible.

***See the story here: Carrollton man's lawn service keeps your yard - and the environment - greener | Dallas-Fort Worth Home and Gardening - Lifestyles News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News.

It would take a large number of solar panels to charge that ZTR between yards.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is pretty cool that Hustler decided to accommodate EPA employees:0)
I agree, though, for a 42" cut at that price most homeowners would opt for a lot more ZTR in a gas-powered. And I would be curious since the specs state "high blade-tip speed for beautiful quality of cut" as to how fast compared to the 18,000+ fps of other ZTR's. The engine, I noticed, is manufactured by HydroGear so most likely it is very good quality. Who knows...some more R & D and improvements(with more competitive pricing), something like this could eventually replace the residential gas-powered ZTR's. All in all not a bad idea to pursue something like this(especially as gasoline continues to climb in price).

The Zeon top speed is only 6mph and you said you would be curious about the blade tip speed, :eek: your lawn tractor would probably have more BTS the zeon is only 15.500 A regular commercial runs 18 to 18.500 My GS is 18.500

txzrider

Threads
I wonder how long that hustler would run if I strapped my 2k honda generator to it while mowing?