Echo trimmer head.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use the ryobi version, takes .090" , reload 20 feet of string. The 2 I bought in 2004 are still working, but the brass eyelets are almost gone and the line exits through oval holes. I am now using them on a sears 31cc straight shaft, but I have to wind the line in the opposite direction.

Threads
I use the ryobi version, takes .090" , reload 20 feet of string. The 2 I bought in 2004 are still working, but the brass eyelets are almost gone and the line exits through oval holes. I am now using them on a sears 31cc straight shaft, but I have to wind the line in the opposite direction.

Yep my first one was made by Oregon, and the new one I bought is Echo the first one lasted for 7 years the part that contacts the ground wore down, and the spring shot out through the bottom. Its like going back to the cave man days with the factory head on there..:laughing:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads

I got a ryobi head three weeks ago can load 20 feet on it Well three weeks and about 150 yards and it is shot. Going back to a non bump head

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Threads
I got a ryobi head three weeks ago can load 20 feet on it Well three weeks and about 150 yards and it is shot. Going back to a non bump head

Did it blow apart, or ??

Threads

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did it blow apart, or ??

The eyes fell out and the button wore out a little fast.
We trim in a lot of beds that most would use weed killer but doing HUD homes they won't let us. So I have a habit of running the head on the ground. I guess it's because the bump head cuts higher then a single load head

Threads
The eyes fell out and the button wore out a little fast.
We trim in a lot of beds that most would use weed killer but doing HUD homes they won't let us. So I have a habit of running the head on the ground. I guess it's because the bump head cuts higher then a single load head

Yes they do cut a little higher I think thats why I wore the bottom out on mine too.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
With my low end trimmers and the bump heads I am always amazed at how much abuse they take. I turn the click shaft 90 degrees and cut deep victorian edges. and weed really deep. This causes the poor lines to tie up inside and withdraw like turtle heads. But it's worth it to pop out the cassete , loosen and rethread due to the really good work you can get out of these little devils. If I am just whacking on the level I do not have this problem (proper usage). I also wore off the plastic screw head covers long, long ago from using the base of the spool as a height gauge. These trimmers are a great invention. I have two large dog yards where the gates are not wide enough to get a rider through so I cut em with the whacker. The demon will take down wet 2 foot grass and weeds=amazing!:thumbsup: