ECHO string trimmers

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
do all Echos trimmer engines run the same direction. CCW vs CW ?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I own both straight and curved and was wondering why my straight shaft throws clipping all over me and the curved doesn't. The guards are way different by like 5 inches of width different. If I operated the straight shaft left handed that may solve part of the problem but that ain't gonna happen. I not ambidextrous running string trimmers. It looks as if the straight may be hitting the road. It isn't well balanced anyway.

Last edited:
Threads
I own both straight and curved and was wondering why my straight shaft throws clipping all over me and the curved doesn't. If I operated the straight shaft left handed that may solve part of the problem but that ain't gonna happen. I not ambidextrous running string trimmers. It looks as if the straight may be hitting the road. It isn't well balanced anyway.

For me being over 6 ft. tall, I definitely prefer straight shaft. Plus it can reach into more places. If I have to use the curved shaft I either have to A) switch the direction I trim along the mulch beds or B) deal with rocks hitting me.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm glad yours works for you. There is a right and wrong way to travel and I tried both ways. Neither worked, clippings still ate me. Very little hits me with the curved CW rotation using right handed.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Curved shaft trimmers have the head connected directly to the engine so they turn the same direction as the engine rotation. The gear box on the straight shaft reverses the drive directions.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Curved shaft trimmers have the head connected directly to the engine so they turn the same direction as the engine rotation. The gear box on the straight shaft reverses the drive directions.

Makes me wonder how many hours of research it took that engineere to determine the best way to cover the right handed operators legs with grass and weed clippings.:laughing:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Makes me wonder how many hours of research it took that engineere to determine the best way to cover the right handed operators legs with grass and weed clippings.:laughing:

So how else could they make you buy a pair of those really expensive chaps ?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I own a Stihl FS-90 trimmer and a Maruyama BC241 ( brush-cutter with interchangeable trimmer head ) both straight shafts , I don't know about everyone else , BUT the flying debris heads TOWARDS me or AWAY from .... depending on which side I tilt the cuttting head as I'm working the machine. :2cents:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
So how else could they make you buy a pair of those really expensive chaps ?

I be way ahead of those people. Rather than buying X-pensive chaps mine are made by curving cardboard so my money can go to taxes for government programs. I don't have money for both.