echo srm-225 wont start/run

lawnguy94

Forum Newbie
Threads
got a new carb and fuel lines on the way i'm praying that it will run after that idk what i'm gonna do if it doesn't I paid $60 for the unit then another $45 for a carb and lines so I figure $105 isn't bad for an echo trimmer if it runs that is.... thanks for the help/input guys! glad to be a part of this forum!!!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
From experience it will probably be the carb :) these machines are so simple there really is not much else that can go wrong.

Threads
i had the same problem on a 225 today also, my advise to the customer was to buy a new carb too,

lawnguy94

Forum Newbie
Threads
put the new carb on and it runs great now! does anybody know if you can tune these carbs?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Defeatist......if everyone did that, there be no point in forums like this one...:mad:

I firmly believe that all machines should be repaired not trashed that's why I am here. The 225 carb kit costs about $20 labor to do it is about an hour probably more for someone who doesn't know what they are doing yet. I don't know about you but an hour of labor for me is about $25 so for a rebuild on this carb it would be close to 50

A new carb is less than $40 that's my logic

MowerMike

Threads
put the new carb on and it runs great now! does anybody know if you can tune these carbs?

Well, you can't legally, but unofficially you can adjust the high speed needle jet, which has a plug that must be removed to gain access to it for adjustment. Also, you can adjust the idle speed. You can find the carb parts list and exploded 3-D image on the Echo website. The currently used carb is a Zama RB-K93, which can be purchased new for as little as $35, so there's no reason to bother trying to fix one.

$_57.jpg

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Shouldn't adjust the carb it runs a little lean but that's ok. Still has enough power and if you run it every few weeks for 5-10 mins you'll be ok

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
I firmly believe that all machines should be repaired not trashed that's why I am here. The 225 carb kit costs about $20 labor to do it is about an hour probably more for someone who doesn't know what they are doing yet. I don't know about you but an hour of labor for me is about $25 so for a rebuild on this carb it would be close to 50

A new carb is less than $40 that's my logic

Now that you have explained and giving him something to think about.....much better then just jump in and say "buy new one" no fun intended.

And yes you have to think about the cost and ask yourself is it worth it...!